Bookings broke after changing the domain

Copper Contributor

Dear community,

I recently changed my primary domain in Office 365 due to a marketing focus shift. Before, I setup the bookings function and was tremendously happy using it. Unfortunately, since changing the domain, bookings doesn't work anymore. For some weeks now I trouble shot with official support hotlines, but nobody seems to be willing or able to help...  

When opening the bookings-website, I see the regular start screen which sais "Good morning Kai Gondlach", so the correct name is being displayed. Every other detail page is not available anyhow. When I click on the calendar page e.g., an error message pops up and sais "Your request cannot be processed at present. Please try again later." I can't change and save any information, incl. adding staff (which is basically me and a freelance assistant).

Before I changed my domain, everything worked out super fine. My primary email address was name@domain.onmicrosoft.com and the linked domain address (name@domain.de). The onmicrosoft-address is still an alias in the O365 Admin section, but I shifted the primary email address zu name@newdomain.de 

Is there any way to 1) find out what exactly went wrong and 2) solve the issue? 

Thanks in advance, all the best regards

Kai 

PS: I'm afraid of changing settings without trouble shooting with experts. My IT level is somewhere between amateur and experienced due to some programming activities a decade ago or so. I'm able to use PowerShell, e.g.

4 Replies

@Gondlach the same problem here... but we did not change the primary domain.

ms support are not able to help

Hey Gondlach, 

I had a similar issue once before. Then I remembered that when you create a Booking Calendar it also creates a user account in Microsoft 365 Admin Center's Active Users Portal. From there I was able to change the domain of the active Booking's User to match my primary domain. 365AdminUser.png

Hope that helps! 

@David_Swenson I gain access to O365 through GoDaddy which does not give me access to the M365 Admin center. I do however have azure. Is there an alternative workaround to your method of changing the domain? GoDaddy cannot seem to help me with this. 

I did this and all of my booking info disappeared. I no longer have services or anything showing. Is there a way to get this information back? @David_Swenson