Bad Request on Bookings Page

Copper Contributor

I created a basic bookings page, it publishes successfully, but I can't get it to open properly, it always fails with Bad Request, there's no other information in the content or the headers.  Anybody else experience this, or is there a step I'm missing? the Admin portal says everything is published and ready.

11 Replies
I have the same issue. Did you find a resolution to this?

Hi Eric,

I'm from the Microsoft Bookings team, and I'm hoping to resolve your issue. Can we continue this conversation in a private message to get more details?

Thank you!

i have the same problem i can resolve it?

Hi Marco, 

I wanted to chime in and let you know that my issue resolved itself after a day, or so. This makes me think that once the page is published it may take some time to propagate to their edge servers. In addition, I recommend  testing the published page link in a private tab, any browser that hasn't stored O365 or from a computer that you haven't accessed O365 from. Lastly, try pushing the page to FB with the book now feature and see if that helps speed up propagation. I hope this helps. 

Sincerely, 

Eric D. Rohler

As I share the bookings page  URL its giving the other parties a "Bad request" an dor " 404 error"  stopping them from getting access to the booking page. 

@Eric Rohler wrote:

Hi Marco, 

I wanted to chime in and let you know that my issue resolved itself after a day, or so. This makes me think that once the page is published it may take some time to propagate to their edge servers. In addition, I recommend  testing the published page link in a private tab, any browser that hasn't stored O365 or from a computer that you haven't accessed O365 from. Lastly, try pushing the page to FB with the book now feature and see if that helps speed up propagation. I hope this helps. 

Sincerely, 

Eric D. Rohler

@Eric Rohler 

@ksigerist 

All, This is still an issues with all office 365 Bookings apps all around.

If we configure a service and try to access specific url of that service, it always ends up "Bad Request".

Thanks

@Abdul Farooque  @ksigerist 

I am also having this problem. The tool has been active for a while now (weeks), but I can't use it because when we have people test it, they often get the Bad Request error message.

It's a shame, since it would be very useful to have!

@Steven Creaney 

I think the error is due to FB adding a FBCLID at the end of the URL example:

/?fbclid=IwAR3U-5TdMPDN874uzKRiNZwXZHhC6TXwLNAIrWXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Facebook users have noticed a new fbclid tag, which appeared in the URL of publications in the social network. For the first time, the parameter was noticed in the middle of October and made lot of people wondering what the purpose of fbclid is.
Fbclid can be decrypted as a Facebook Click Identifier (“Facebook Click Identifier”) by analogy with Google Click Identifier – GCLID. The GCLID parameter is used to exchange data between Google Analytics and Google AdSense, like we already mentioned.

@Alysha Voigt 

Hi Alysha,

When I try to book through the published bookings page an error message appears.

It didn´t do so a week ago and since then its a constant...

Could you pleas help me to solve this?

Best regards,

François

Hello Steven,

One solution that I've found for this is to use a service like TinyUrl to shrink the Bookings url to something more like this https://tinyurl.com/y2k46xpp.

The side effect to this is that the link will now work correctly when you embed it in your emails or Facebook messages.
This is it! Apparently, the bookings page doesn't play nice with encrypted redirect-URLs like the one that outlook.com generates to prevent fishing links. Adding one more redirect through tinyurl solves the issue.