Availability of Staff and Resources (Rooms)

Copper Contributor

How can I manage that services can only be booked when at that a certain time a certain number of staff members and a room (managed as a resource within Office 365) are available? Basically, this is only about the cross checking of several outlook calendars.

I cannot find the setting but please - these "features" are so basic that I really do not believe that Microsoft is so incapable or brazen not to offer them in a paid service. 

3 Replies
Setting up availability can be intensive. I'm using bookings in different calenders with different people. It is a matter of setting the availabilty settings in that manner on the business, bookings, staff tab and at service level that it works like you wish.

@Ken_VUB 

Are you having the issue where you have 2 staff members selected for a certain "service" (like an intro meeting with a prospect or even a review meeting with a current customer) and Bookings will not check both calendars. 

I have their availability set and they both have calendars synced, but it is still showing times that 1 of the 2 employees are not available as they have something for that time slot already. 

Hoping this is something that you were able to get to work on your side - I have read so many articles but no-one was a real answer or solution. 

Is the general availibility of the outloo calender set to at least busy/ non busy? You can do this in Outlook.