Availability for a Date Range Issue

Copper Contributor

I am really struggling with the scheduling.

1. I have ensured that the service providers are available.
  2. There are no holidays scheduled on the calendar

I want bookings to be available from only 10th to the 14th August. It is next week and my lead time is 1 day. 

The service is bookable after the 14th August. Bookings seems to be ignoring the whole "Availability during these dates" section. I have tried entering different dates, I have tried unpublishing and republishing. Reloading the browser and clearing the cache. 

Is there anywhere else I have to go to look to see if there is some override? 

8 Replies

What I do is create an additional "available during these dates" and choose the first date I don't want the service to show anymore as the Start and the same date +5 years as the end and make those dates "not bookable" 

- In your case it would be

Start: 15th of August 2020

End: 15th of August 2025 

- Not Bookable

@Kirsten500  

I am having the same issue as @Kirsten500. "Availability during these dates" feature seems to have no impact on my bookings calendar (see attached screenshots). I appreciate @SchoolSupport's suggestion in this thread, but this seems like a rather complex fix for setting a custom range. I was not able to solve using this method.

Availability.pngCalendar.png

If you look at the third picture you have set a general availability when staff are free, this has no date range and is active immediatly. Just set this top setting to non-bookable and your problem is solved.

Hey @JanSchreurs1990 , 

Apologies, I'm also new here and encountering a similar issue. I've set up the service availability, but the entire calendar date is still displaying, and not the availability chosen for that service. 

Just to clarify, should the default scheduling policy toggle be enabled for the availability dates to be shown specifically on that Booking page's calendar? Or what am I missing here?

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 5.51.32 p.m..pngScreenshot 2023-11-09 at 5.54.04 p.m..png

Thanks in advance!

@afmartinez123 

From your screenshots i can see the service is set up with a custom range and not bookable with default scheduling policy, there are staff for which you probarbly also have set up standard working times. So far so great. 

Im guessing when you want to manually schedule something from the services page you still see all the dates as avaliable and timeslots. The restrictions you have set up only apply to the front-end version of the booking page, i.e. your end users.

Workaround: 

Just make it available in the booking page menu, see first screenshot and use the link to your booking page whenever you want to schedule or book appointments. even if you as administrator use the link you will be taken to the front end scheduling page see second screenshot. where you or a customer can assign staff and select an availiable timeslot

JanSchreurs1990_0-1699597489598.png

JanSchreurs1990_1-1699597796667.png

@JanSchreurs1990 

hey - thanks for your help! I tested the registration link and found that I could create a booking from the calendar site, which is exactly what we needed.

Now, I have another question. We're using this booking calendar for a specific event scheduled from the 14th to the 16th of January 2024. We're actively reaching out to prospects, and our team needs to be able to book meetings during these dates only.

To ensure we don't book on the wrong date, we want to display only the availability shown on the service (as shown in picture 1). However, when I attempted to change the availability of the staff member, I couldn't do it (as shown in picture 2).

picture 1 - event's datepicture 1 - event's datepicture 2 - staff availabilitypicture 2 - staff availability

Could you please guide me on how to implement this change? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I think I understand your problem. You want to set dates in your staff availability? you can't do this and dont need to do this. As long as your event is limited to those days and the staff member is availiable on the right times on the right weekdays a customer or other person using the frontend link will not be able to book your staff outside of the event hours.
in fact you could make your staff avaliable 24/7 in screenshot 2 and you still wont be able to book them outside of the service hours and dates that you set up in screenshot 1.