Auto-select first available offer date

Copper Contributor

Hi Community

We are looking for a toggle in the settings that allows us to get the first available service-offer date/time-slot auto-selected. To some users, the manual choice is a serious hurdle (adapting later to a custom date is not an issue). Additionally we are planning to publish some single-date events via Booking and would like to let the system automatically jump to the according date.

Do you know, how we could make it work?

Thanks

Alex

7 Replies

@Axylo Did you work this out? I have workshop group bookings on set dates and just want the correct date in the calendar to auto-select when you click on them. It does it with the first service you click on, but then doesn't change if you choose a different service. Ideally I wouldn't have the calendar at all and just have the date preset in each service. 

@Luke_Woodbury No, unfortunately not. At the moment, users are obligated to find out themselves the correct and only offered date of that event... :(

@Axylo OK, thanks for the reply. Have bailed to Eventbrite! 

I cant believe this isn't an option.
MS- please address asap!
I need this function to have the ability to show first available slot

We are looking for the same option to select automatically the first available slot. Our openings are almost 4 months away and we don't want users to click next for three months to see first available slot. We would like to see this flexibility on the booking app.

Agreed. It is silly that this is not a feature yet. There should be an option to automatically go to the first available date. The first thing users see shouldn't be a blank month with no available dates, especially for 1-time events that are more than a month out.

Older thread but didn't evolve to an idea so far. So if you come across this one, please upvote: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-bookings-ideas/open-booking-calendar-with-first-nex...