Allow booking by invitation only? Single-use booking URLs?

Bronze Contributor

We are trying to find a way to allow the public to book appointments for covid vaccines, but we need to pre-screen each person first to determine eligibility.  If someone is eligible, I'd like to send them a link to a bookings page to schedule their appointment, but I need to ensure that they can only schedule one appointment using the URL I send.  They should not be able to schedule an appointment for a second person using the same link.

Is that possible?  

8 Replies

@Steve Whitcher We are also attempting to find a way to use Bookings in the manner.  I'm following your question.  If you find a way to do this please share.  Thanks.

I'm not sure who reads this but this is EXACTLY what we need with Bookings... a 1 time use link so our students can't book more than 1 appointment without our permission. Calendly and other third party programs have this feature that we are missing desperately with Bookings. We have put in a lot of time moving to Bookings because our institution uses Microsoft 365 but our office is really considering going back to Calendly for this feature since it also links with TEAMS and our calendar.

@Steve Whitcher Have you found any solution?

We have the same requirement as we use book.ms to schedule interviews with candidates, and unfortunately, it's happened that candidates that did not pass just decided to book another interview again.

Does anyone at Microsoft read this?

Hoping for a solution soon.

I did not. Ours was a rather urgent need, and when I couldn't make bookings fit our use case in short order we ended up going another route. Sorry I can't be of any help.
Did anyone find a way to do this? We are about to ditch this app because people can schedule mulitple appts and its getting out of control. Help Microsoft!
what route did you go? We need something that will work for us

same problem , did you found any way to resolve this problem @joeybaruchamdig 

Following this thread. Microsoft needs to step up on this!