Unbreak back/forward buttons on Firefox

Copper Contributor

When you're signed in, something breaks the browser's back/forward buttons on the search results page in Firefox. To reproduce this issue, try this:

1. Go to the Bing homepage on Firefox, and make sure you're signed in.

2. Search for something.

3. Wait for a few seconds for everything to load. It takes a second or so for the problem to happen after the results show up on my computer.

4. Press back on the browser. Expected: you got back to the homepage. Actual: you stay on the search results page.

5. Click one of the search results.

6. Press back on the browser, which brings you back to the search results page.

7. Wait a second or so.

8. Press forward on the browser. Expected: you go to the page you had previously clicked on. Actual: you stay on the search results page.

Thanks for asking about what needs improvement. I've been waiting for an opportunity to talk about this on a public forum. I feel like the private feedback that I have been sending has been going into a garbage can :>

6 Replies

@Guest650 Thanks for sharing this. I'll investigate a bit and see if I can get more information for you. 

@Guest650 I just wanted to check in to see if this is still an issue for you. If so, can you let us know what version of FireFox you're using?

Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders

Yes, it's still an issue. I'm using Firefox 81.0.1.
Hi Alyxe

@Guest650  You forgot to metion her. I'll add it for you: adding @Alyxe and @lramsey. Adding @HotCakeX too.

Having the exact same problem on Microsoft Edge Canary, Dev, and Stable (all on the latest versions as of 7/13/2021) on Windows 11 22000.65, though I doubt the OS version matters
Hello,
I recently switched to using Bing and have the same issue when logged in to Bing. Without being logged in, there are no issues with the fwd/back buttons. Perhaps an issue with the cookie for Bing and Firefox?

Has there been any progress on this issue please? Thanks