This or That Quizzes are AWFUL!

This thread has been locked for new comments by a moderator, if you have a new similar issue then please start a new thread.
Iron Contributor

The This or That quizzes are horrendous for several reasons. 

First, you punish the user for wrong answers. No other quiz you have punishes the user.

Second, they are long and arduous. The user has to spend a ton of time looking up the answers.

Third, they have wrong answers. Today's, for example, the book length one, had several wrong answers according to several sources.

Fourth, they are boring. Nothing interesting in them.

Fifth, they can be non-specific. Again, today's terrible book length quiz was not specific about what type of book. Do you mean hard cover or paperback?

Please, is there any way to get these terrible quizzes replaced with something better?

Thank you.

55 Replies

@Kam I'm on day 623. Had I been able to finish today's set, I would get 624 AND the extra 150 points. So, you can see why it bothers me that I cannot complete today's daily set, correct?

@Rae_Rae Yeah, but don't say that I lost a day in my streak, because I created an MSA only 10 months ago.

@Kam Question: What is an "MSA?"

FTR- (and the most part)- I use my Dell Chromebook to do the daily set(s). However, today, I am unable to access anything off of the Microsoft Bing page for some strange reason. I will...type this, though; I was correct about the phone thingy. It looks like I was able to do the "this or that" AND the "word for word" using my cell. There seems to be a glitch on laptop use.

@Rae_Rae An MSA = MicroSoft Account - but I prefer using MA - Microsoft Account.

@Kam Makes sense. *(FTR- "M.A." sounds/ looks better. My opinion ;) )

@Rae_Rae I agree, for the most part, Grammarly underlined MicroSoft in red LOL

@Kam I <3 Grammarly, too!

@Alyxe Any word from the team on these terrible quizzes? Today's was the most boring yet. The This or That quizzes are the worst part of Microsoft Rewards and the worst part about Bing. Please tell them to stop. Thank you! 

Hello @HeyU-notU-U, I've provided the Microsoft Rewards Quiz team with the feedback I've collected on the This or That quizzes. While I understand your frustration, the best option you have is to submit feedback. Every time a piece of feedback is submitted through Microsoft Rewards Support it is reviewed and cataloged. 

Best,

Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders

I only have done one so far and haven't seem to get anymore!!

I dont' see any problems.
I did notice sometime;s the quiz asked what companies are based out of this province or state, that it was wrong when a location was correct but marked wrong

Hi @Alyxe. Thank you for the update. I do and have been providing feedback, however, it is a black hole. No responses and no action. As I mentioned to @Rae_Rae Microsoft wants us to provide clicks for Bing. They should not penalize us for helping by providing those clicks. Just stop penalizing and we can forget all about this. :smile: 

@Deleted What's your secret?!?!?!? How did you get them to stop? Please share. 

@HeyU-notU-U @Alyxe 

I concur.  Sometimes the answers are not accurate.  I've pointed that out now 2x to Rewards Support. For example, today = city populations.  The question was not specific enough, so it can be open to variances. In this case, was it just the city or metro.  BING pulled up old data on some cities and others 2020.

The quiz creator needs to double check for accuracy, otherwise, don't penalize people, just have it for fun.    The other option is to have a quiz that has an absolute answer.  If there are variances, that's not good.

@Deleted@alyxe 

Yet, another, terrible and tedious This or That quiz. Several of the questions had more than one answer that is correct. Of course, This or That being so terrible, it penalizes the user for a correct answer. Once more Microsoft is not listening (yes, I provided feedback via the Feedback button). Seems to me Microsoft is no longer interested in what their community of supporters have to say.

From now on, I'm using Google to look for the answers. No need to give Bing any additional clicks since they penalize us unnecessarily. 

Microsoft Verified Best Answer

Hi @HeyU-notU-U, as I've addressed in this thread before, the best way to obtain the answers for the quiz is to use Bing, since the answers are based on the Bing search results. 

Thank you for continuing to submit feedback while things don't change overnight each piece of feedback delivered to our Microsoft Rewards Team shapes how they think about the Quizzes they publish. 

While I understand your frustrations about this situation, I've reviewed how to best answer This or That Quiz questions and how to properly submit feedback. As this thread is turning into more of a complaint thread, I'm going to lock it down. Please continue to reach out to Rewards support for these situations, as that would be the correct channel to support this. Thanks for understanding!

Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders