This or That Quizzes are AWFUL!

This thread has been locked for new comments by a moderator, if you have a new similar issue then please start a new thread.
Iron Contributor

The This or That quizzes are horrendous for several reasons. 

First, you punish the user for wrong answers. No other quiz you have punishes the user.

Second, they are long and arduous. The user has to spend a ton of time looking up the answers.

Third, they have wrong answers. Today's, for example, the book length one, had several wrong answers according to several sources.

Fourth, they are boring. Nothing interesting in them.

Fifth, they can be non-specific. Again, today's terrible book length quiz was not specific about what type of book. Do you mean hard cover or paperback?

Please, is there any way to get these terrible quizzes replaced with something better?

Thank you.

55 Replies
You look up answers? Thought these were all just top of the head type questions.

@HalvyFore38 Yes, since they punish users for missing an answer (unlike any other quiz), I look them up.

@HeyU-notU-U Thanks; I'll look up the answer next time!

Kam

Hey @HeyU-notU-U, I appreciate you sharing your opinion here about the Microsoft Rewards This or That quiz. I can see where you're coming from and have provided our Microsoft Rewards team with the feedback you shared. 

I try to do the morning set every day, sometimes that's easier said than done, for sure! I've found luck choosing the correct answer for the This or That quiz by using Microsoft Bing. For example, in the "Which book is longer" quiz from yesterday one of the questions asked about Dracula. My search was "how many pages is Dracula" and this was my result: 

Alyxe_0-1606259934532.png

When I used this answer to inform my decision, I got the correct answer. If you do come across an answer that's incorrect our Microsoft Rewards team would like to know so that they can fix that as quickly as possible. You can always submit feedback through our Microsoft Rewards Support.  

Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders

@Alyxe thanks for your response, I do appreciate it. I hope you are well.

I have been providing feedback at least twice a week for quite a while now. Nothing changes and the quizzes seem to get worse. They are just not a good idea. They are boring and arduous. They are also not well written.

ESPECIALLY with the punishment feature. Isn't the whole idea of the daily sets, etc. to increase engagement and generate clicks? (from the Microsoft point of view). Well, why not give us the points anyway even with a wrong choice just like every other quiz? 

Thanks and hope you have a good Thanksgiving.

Well, I didn't think the This or That quiz could get worse, but today's hit the bottom. Terrible. Please...any way to get them stopped? Thank you.
@HeyU-notU-U Today's got better. This one was the easiest I've ever taken,

@HeyU-notU-U The This or That quizzes are relatively new and our Microsoft Rewards team is interested in all feedback related to this quiz. I've shared the feedback you've given in this forum with them, but they'll be able to get a good sense of the difficulties you're having if you submit feedback through the official paths that I've listed above.  

I appreciate you sharing your feedback here and starting a forum-wide discussion for all to participate in. I'm excited to see what else you bring to this community. 

Alyxandria (she/her)

@Alyxe By 'Relatively new' when were they released?

@Kam I don't have an exact date, but I believe it was in late October or early November.

Alyxandria (she/her)

I believe they are several months old. Without a doubt, they are the worst thing on Microsoft Rewards and on Bing.

To reiterate, the worst part about them is that they penalize the user for a wrong response. No other Rewards quiz/activity does that.

If they could just fix that, that would go a long way to fixing the problem.

@Alyxe I submit feedback after every This or That quiz. 

@Alyxe Probably Late September or close...
Yet another bad This or That quiz. Another wrong answer and we are penalized for putting in the correct answer. It had which metro area has a NFL team. Nashville or Oakland. Well, the correct answer is Nashville (Tennessee Titans. The Oakland Raiders are now in Las Vegas). This or That said Nashville is incorrect. Wrong! And no points. Ugh! @Alyxe, please tell them to stop these quizzes! Thank you!
What would you suggest to put as the "Issue title," please? And, how do you add the screenshots, please?

Hi @Rae_Rae, that's a great question. If you're submitting feedback on a quiz, I would suggest the name of the quiz and the date.  Otherwise, you'd want to pick something that sums up the issue you're having. On the Microsoft Rewards feedback website, you cannot upload photos. However, if someone needs more information they may ask you for screenshots at that time. 

Alyxandria (she/her)

@HeyU-notU-U Seems like you're lying, today I did the quiz, and Tennesee Titans was correct.

@KamNot lying...they must have fixed it after feedback. It was marked as incorrect. I'm a Bing Insider, or at least, was an Insider. I've been working for several years now trying to help make Bing better. I have vested a lot of time in this and would not lie about it. 

@HeyU-notU-U Ok. But just meant that it was fixed and I thought you did something. Next time, just share screenshots for proof. That would be nice.

@Kam NO ONE is "lying." Please note the three screenshots I took. *(You will find them in reply to myself. As this is my first time posting screenshots to THIS source.) You will find that for BOTH choices, "Tennessee" is one the RIGHT-hand portion. And, in case you may not know, Las Vegas is now home to the RAIDERS. So, the question to you "@Kam" would be: HOW is a person SUPPOSED to get the answer correct when they ARE (both) correct? Please think twice before calling someone "a liar" OR say that they are "lying." It is VERY disrespectful.