New features for Microsoft Bing and Microsoft Edge that Launched in January!

Microsoft

Hey Insiders! :stareyes:

Have you seen this article: Make the Most of Your Time Online? At the end of January Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Bing launched quite a few new features to make your browsing experience that much better! Which one is your favorite? 

Alyxe_0-1612818501806.png

Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders

16 Replies
Sync is a fundamental feature that was completed early this year but my favorite one is PWAs (progressive web apps) :)

@Alyxe 

hi, how do I get Excel to do a pie chart on Chromebook???

Hi @javen2340, welcome to the Bing Insiders Community! This is a space for you to share your thoughts and questions about Bing and connect with others who are also Bing enthusiasts. Since this space is Bing Centric, I don't have the answers for you regarding MS Excel. You may want to check the Microsoft 365 Community. 

Alyxandria (she/her)

@Alyxe Ugh! ALL this new stuff coming out on/ for Microsoft Edge, and I can't/ (am) unable to use it because my Dell Chromebook 11 3189 isn't "compatible." :facepalm: Feeling SO left out!

Well the problem is "Chromebook" and how they locked down that platform.

@Rae_Rae Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that! Hope you get to try out the Edge browser soon!

Alyxandria (she/her)

@Alyxe Thank you! I, too, hope to try Microsoft Edge soon!!! -lol!:stareyes:

@Rae_Rae I feel you. My son has a chromebook for school. I knew they were intended for 'light business-work' and web browsing, but I hadn't realized how limiting that could be. There isn't even an alarm clock chrome web app, so when his iPad crapped out I had to get him a Kindle. I heard rumors that Chrome will be able to run full blown android apps soon, but that was a while back and I haven't followed up on it. I don't think they'll be worth buying until then. As far as I can tell, you pay the same for the hardware, but get some savings from not having to pay for a Windows license.

I don't know your machine specs, but maybe you could install Linux? If that would take up too much space or machine power, and your computer is touchscreen, maybe you could install Android. Some versions of Linux can now run Android apps and Bing and Edge are both available for Android.

Dzień dobry
Ja w 2020 już zainstalowałem PWA - ale byłem NIE ZADOWOLONY !
ponieważ jedna aktualizacja zamieniła moje ulubione zakładki i utworzyła 49 aplikacji PWA ja nie chcę tego !
+ który zapisuje jako PWA powinien być ukryta w kontekście i omyłkowo tworzy się PWA niepotrzebnie - uważam że to jest złe rozwiązanie !
Ja popieram aplikacje PWA , ale nie chce przypadkowo ich tworzyć-
niepotrzebnie dla mnie !
Automatyczne zapytanie czy chcę utworzyć PWA przy prawie każdej
witrynie jest irytujące - też nie jest potrzebne i mnie przeszkadza !
Warto to przemyśleć !
Mnie zirytowało 49 aplikacji PWA - których nie chciałem !
Mam około 250 zakładek - ulubionych i nie chcę żeby wszystkie były
PWA .
Synchronizacja z kontem Microsoft na wielu komputerach działa niezawodnie - GRATULUJĘ i dziękuję !
Ja też polecam nowe Edge - warto go mieć - mam go na wszystkich komputerach !
Obecnie naprawdę to bardzo dobry program !
Brakuje mi domyślnych - ułatwień dostępu które byłyby w 2 kliknięciach !
Teraz musze zmieniać skalowanie w całym systemie Windows i wiele
dodatkowych ustawień - dla mnie to nie problem , ale użytkownicy
niezawansowani - na pewno byliby zadowoleni z domyślnych ustawień które byłyby w opcjach łatwe w obsłudze !
dziękuję