SOLVED

Lyrics and miscredits on some songs when looking up on Bing.com

Deleted
Not applicable

Lyrics and miscredits on some songs when looking up on Bing.com

Last time if I type in a song name and lyrics, bing would show me the lyrics instead of search results. that is no more now. ;( please add back.

Also on some albums or songs, it says this is the author or writer but that isn't the original author. 

8 Replies

Hey @Deleted that's really interesting. Can you provide me with a couple of examples? 

Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders

Sure.

As the deer lyrics

Amazing Grace Lyrics

Well the As teh Deer one does come up if I put Maranatha! Music As the Deer lyrics

but this was not the case before. I used to be able to just put in the name and lyrics.

Please fix, Marantha is not the artist,

After investigating this it looks like the function is working correctly. When I searched for "As the Deer Lyrics" it did come up with Maranatha! version. The song As the Deer was popularized in 1994 by Maranatha!, so there are more pages dedicated with their by line. However when I included the original artist's name and searched for "As the Deer Martin J. Nystrom lyrics" the original version did come up.  

Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders

@Alyxe 

Shawn1710_0-1611084650699.png

This is what I see, it doesn't work. 

The As the Deer Martin J. Nystrom lyrics works but not the others. There seems to be not a consistency on bing to work
best response
Solution

Ahhh, thanks for the clarification @Deleted. I'll let the developers know. 

Thank you :)

You're welcome!

Shawn
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

Ahhh, thanks for the clarification @Deleted. I'll let the developers know. 

View solution in original post