Discovered but not crawled | URL cannot appear on Bing

Copper Contributor

Hi, I'm facing a problem with indexation. 

A few days ago, All URLs of my site were indexed within seconds. But now it says

"The inspected URL is known to Bing but has some issues which are preventing indexation. We recommend you to follow Bing Webmaster Guidelines to increase your chances of indexation."

Here is the site URL: (link removed by moderator)

It is an educational site, and none of the URLs violates bing guidelines. Even the site is getting indexed in Google with no issue. Please suggest to me a solution what to do. 

I have already tried APIs but nothing

You can see the details in an image. 

Bing abc.PNG

43 Replies

I have this same exact problem, it's been an entire month and Bing's webmaster shows this error, it could've been better if it shows you the exact error but for some reason we have nothing but this frustrating message leaving us confused, I've checked my website and it doesn't have any problem with Bing's guidelines, my site is indexed on Google but for some reason Bing won't accept it.

Hey mate, I checked your site is back on Bing, what you do, how do you solve this issue?
I found same issue from last 3 years, still no solution. Website indexed on google properly.

Did you found any solution?

@John_Bloggs1705 But your site is indexed on Bing. How did you do?

As a heads-up, we don't allow external links/ads here, so we've removed the link in your original post. Sorry for the hassle. We recommend you reach out to Bing webmaster support about issues like this: https://www.bing.com/webmasters/help/webmaster-support-24ab5ebf
I have this exact same issue on my site. I tried to reach support and they just checked and sent the only URL that was showing on bing. I get literally 50k pageviews from google every month and 5 from bing. Bad support from Bing.
Have the same issue since beginning of June 2022. For one main site and 2 secondary sites on subdomains. When I type site:mysite.tld in Bing search I only get "some results had been removed".
Only under the picture tab, all images of my sites coming up;
My sites were very well referenced in Bing for more than 7 years and had removed without any reason one day over the other.
I wrote to support but didn't get an answer yet. I think it might be a bug

@John_Bloggs1705   Same here -  Discovered but not crawled. My site was indexed in Bing for many years and then it just stopped 6 months ago, totally de-listed - dropped like a rock to zero in one day. Nothing I've tried from their guidelines or site scan feedback has helped. Support was responsive but ultimately of no help and stopped responding -  "we're looking into it" turned into "there's an issue with your site that needs to be fixed". LOL any idea what that may be because Google sure seems to like the site. 

URL Inspection tells me "URL Cannot appear on Bing" because "issues that are preventing indexation" but Live URL inspection tells me "URL Can be Indexed by Bing" if it "passes quality checks and gets indexed by Bing".  How did we end up in Bing Jail, and how do we get out? You have issues!You have issues!You have NO issues!You have NO issues!

@grafis 

Well, it appears Bing has some serious issues with their index. My website with non-commercial, really helpful content has the same issues, while another neglected, outdated website of mine is still rising through their rankings without any issues.

Strange.

I have the same issue about this,
This happened to my site since march 2022,

I dunno where the problem is,
Tried to get in touch bing support.
Hope can solve this problem soon.

I had this same issue and after working out a little, I found out that the URL with http:// VS https:// has to be submitted separately for indexing and canonical URLs should be adjusted accordingly. 

Also, the file BingSiteAuth.xml verification files need to be reuploaded again.

After doing the above process made me get a reply from Bing Webmaster Support Tools Team telling they will respond regarding this

@adammuiz

Hello folks, writing an email to bwtsupport @ microsoft.com worked. They responded back and helping me out to resolve the issue for (external link removed by moderator)

@atheengupta 

Glad you got everything resolved!

As a reminder, we don't allow external links in the community to keep the community free of spam and self-promotion, as noted in our code of conduct, so we're removed the link to your website in your reply.

Thanks for understanding and contributing to Tech Community.

@Eric, Help me fix my same issue. I have 50k monthly traffic 100% organic and bing has 0 results from my website. I reached out to you support but it was stupid to ask because he/she just showed 1 result with searching using url:domain.com. I am irritated and stressed why this is happening
If you have a question about the Microsoft Tech Community website, I'm happy to answer it!

Your question, however, is outside of my expertise. I work as a community manager for the Microsoft Tech Community and do not work for the Bing team or for any kind of support. I am not a product expert.

I'm sorry to hear about your irritation and stress, though! Please try reaching out to webmaster support: https://www.bing.com/webmasters/help/webmaster-support-24ab5ebf

It would seem that Bing's index has some severe problems. The same problems affect my website's non-commercial, incredibly helpful information, however my abandoned, out-of-date website is still climbing the search engine results pages without any problems.

@John_Bloggs1705 

Exact same issue.  My e-Commerce site was in the index and this year it just vanished with 0 pages in the index.  There are zero malware notices, zero copyright issues, a few errors such missing alt tags etc.  My site has been in Googles index since 2005 with zero issues.  The lack of transparency is frustrating

So it isn't just me. Glad to know that, though @atheengupta what was it that you did eventually to resolve the issue?