Dark Mode in Bing

Silver Contributor

I have the Force Dark Mode for all websites flag enabled. But for weather I pulled up the navigator to 7:09 PM and it shows this:

KamlovesMS_1-1602881970748.png

HotCakeX said that when the native dark mode rolls out, it will be fixed. 

@Alyxe when will the Bing team release dark mode natively?

Thanks in advance,

Kam

Follow me by clicking my name above.

P.S. for the Edge flag: Issue in the Force Dark Mode flag - Microsoft Tech Community

19 Replies

Hey @Kam, I checked in with the Microsoft Edge Insider team to get a better understanding of this issue. Since the flag your using is currently unsupported by Microsoft Edge this wouldn't be a supported feature by Bing. 

Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders

@Alyxe Hi!

So, what can we do about this? Are you ever going to release Dark Mode natively for Bing?

Thanks,
Kam
Follow me by clicking my name above.

Hey! @Kam, if you'd like to enjoy Dark Mode on Bing, check out Bing Mobile. At this time, there isn't a date for Dark Mode for Web Browser. 

Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders

@Alyxe Yassss, I love it!
roadmap? even edge turns bing dark with sidebar search. it dosnt need much after that, isn't it?
@survivor303 It does. For people who use Chrome or other browsers, how will they get dark mode? And even I, a person who uses Edge, doesn't use Sidebar Search very often. Because it doesn't work.
Yeah the sidebar has bugs. I barely use it.

@Kam How you people can do this, to change the conversation to whole different topic?

Why i take edge to my example is that, it happens on that browser and it is from Microsoft and the teams are close. They can use same color schema from edge or respect browser settings, like example YouTube can do. 

@survivor303 

@survivor303 wrote:
roadmap? even edge turns bing dark with sidebar search. it dosnt need much after that, isn't it?

Yes because the sidebar uses Edge mobile version and dark mode on Bing is only available on Edge mobile.

I hope they implement dark mode for Desktop version of bing too.

Well sometimes the sidebar is giving me the Desktop version.
Then it's malfunctioning and you need to take troubleshooting steps, like disabling extensions, fully reinstall Edge etc.
May I ask how to reinstall Edge if it was pushed out to you via 20h2 or a windows update?
@Deleted Go to edge://settings/reset and click "Restore to default values", I don't think you need to fully reinstall but if you need to, go to Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Add and Remove Programs and find Microsoft Edge in the list, right-click, and select "Uninstall." Then, in whatever browser you have, go to https://microsoft.com/edge and download Microsoft Edge.
Yeah, I do that when it isn't working and pressing reset. The uninstall button is greyed out though and what if the browser is corrupt?
@Deleted Well, maybe it's because it doesn't want to have the old Edge back again. You may want to check in with support (https://microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/support) and tell them what you're experiencing.

@Deleted 

@Deleted wrote:
May I ask how to reinstall Edge if it was pushed out to you via 20h2 or a windows update?

You can't reinstall it, if you have any specific problem with it you can mention and try normal troubleshooting steps. 

@Kam 

@Kam wrote:
@DeletedGo to edge://settings/reset and click "Restore to default values", I don't think you need to fully reinstall but if you need to, go to Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Add and Remove Programs and find Microsoft Edge in the list, right-click, and select "Uninstall." Then, in whatever browser you have, go to https://microsoft.com/edge and download Microsoft Edge.

You can't uninstall Edge from control panel or Windows settings.

it's been like that for more than a year.

@Deleted 

@Deleted wrote:
Yeah, I do that when it isn't working and pressing reset. The uninstall button is greyed out though and what if the browser is corrupt?

if the browser is corrupt, for whatever reason, you always have the option to reset Edge from within, or use recovery options in Windows 10 

Recovery options in Windows 10 (microsoft.com)