Clearing Bing search history schedule

Copper Contributor

Quick question as I start my project:

As there are no recommended benchmark settings for how often you should clear your Bing search history (it seems to be just left to personal choice) has anyone noticed any marked improvements with regular cleaning?

E.g. You clean everything on a Sunday evening or you clean on exit.

I'm looking to create an effective schedule for my users who just are non-technical.

In fact, do you even notice a difference when you've cleaned?

In know there are a lot of variables with this type of question like PC spec, length of time online, broadband speed etc so I'm just looking to set general rules for my clients E.g. Every 3 days.

7 Replies
Bing search history in Microsoft account or in browser?
https://www.bing.com/profile/history

scheduling how?

@HotCakeX 

In Settings / Privacy, search, and services / Clear browsing data adding a calendar function to the 'Now' option.

Either a drop down menu displaying 'Today, Tomorrow, End of Week, End of Month' or inserting an actual calendar with date set to clean and a repeat option setting.

The idea is I can set it once for my users.

Then they can forget about it as they know when they close their browser at the designated time their history will be cleaned.

Thanks for the explanation, but I still couldn't find it :(

@HotCakeX 

I haven't developed it yet :lol:

I'm just setting up a GitHub Project for it to explore if it's possible. 

Oh, right, sorry didn't pay attention to "as I start my project:" part xD

Well umm, if your users have their own personal MSFT accounts, they can just keep their history, it's protected with their credentials, SMS, phone etc.
you could set the browser to clear browsing history on exit instead if privacy is an issue :)

@HotCakeX I was asked if a calendar was possible purely because the on exit/now can happen multiple times a day depending on usage and sometimes that's not wanted.

The scenario is a person spends a few days shopping online to book a home delivery.

Once the delivery has been made a selected date and time  cleans the history.

E.g. I spend Today (27th) and tomorrow (28th) selecting my shopping to be delivered on Saturday 30th at 11:00am. 

I can set the calendar to clean at 12:00 noon on the 30th.

That sounds good, if Bing provides necessary APIs to delete history