Bing is Broken from my home IP

Not applicable


I an unable to resolve this issue.

For many searches I get no results, Bing rewards is also broken.
I have this issue regardless of browser, device, DNS provider.
I have even tried via router DMZ to make sure it is not the router.
The issue seems to be my ISP as far as I can tell, or Bing itself blocking my IP.
The only obvious issue I see from edge DevTools is gives a 404 on the broken searches.

If I keep refreshing the same search over and over, the search will eventually succeed, probably reaching out to a different server/IP or bypassing a cache, but Bing rewards, i.e. quizzes, are still broken, and upon clearing cached browsing data the issue returns.
If I set my browser/search to English USA search works fine, but English UK and EU settings like Germany do not work.
Many generic searches suggested by Bing do seem to provide results, probably because they are heavily cached, but unique searches do not.
Bing searches and rewards work fine from a different internet connection, or through Cloudflare ipv6 VPN.

I've had this issue for weeks and I've completely ditched Bing.
But I would still like to figure out the cause of and resolve the issue.
I have no issues with other sites or services.

any ideas??

7 Replies

Hi @Deleted, Thanks for letting us know! I've reported this issue to our Bing team. I'll update you when I know more. 


Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders

Alright @Deleted, I heard back from our team and we need a bit more info. Can you provide us with the following: 


1) When did it start? 

2) Sample URL’s for when NO search Results were returned?

3) Submit a DevTools Network Report through Edge Feedback with "Alyxe" in the Description. This way we'll be able to find your report specifically.


Steps to submit DevTools Network Report through Edge Feedback:

  1. Head to

  2. Press F12 for Dev Tools or head to the ... menu > More tools > Developer Tools.

  3. Ensure you are on the Network tab on the top.

  4. Under the top row, there should be a red circle on the left side of the panel, this means that things are recording.

    1. If it's gray, click on it to start the recording for the trace.

  5. Do a search on that fails to load any results.

  6. Back in the Dev Tools, click the red circle to stop recording, then click the down arrow next to the gear icon on the same section to export the file. Save it as "bing trace".

  7. In Edge, hold Alt+Shift+I or head to the ... menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback to bring up the feedback tool.

  8. Click on the link for "diagnostic data", then click "Attach a file" on the left pane to attach the trace you just saved.

  9. Click Save and include.

  10. In the description, detail this is for the Bing team to investigate and put my name, "Alyxe", into it so that it's easy for us to find.

  11. Send that feedback in to us and let me know once you did!


Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders

@Alyxe Hi Alyxandria thanks for the time and effort!

I unfortunately cannot remember exactly when it started but I feel it was around 2 weeks ago.

This is the URL for the example search i used for the trace: 

here is example URL for the search "onion wikipedia" which should produce several results but produces none: 

but then, changing that broken search for just "wikipedia" and clicking bing's suggestion does return search results via this URL: 

I've sent a network log as requested
"bing trace for Alyxe and the bing team to investigate"
file is bingtrace.har

response received from feedback team 3

thanks again

Excellent! thank you! I'll pass this along to our Bing team!

Hi @Deleted, I just heard from the Bing team and they've identified the issue and have put a temporary fix in place while they continue to work on the issue. You should be able to search on Bing soon! I'll continue to update you when I know more. 


Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders


I can confirm that bing is working again, on desktop and mobile :)

glad to see yall resolve this, thanks!

Our French and Swiss users are reporting the same issue using a cloud proxy: