Bing Index Bug - No Information from Support - Why on Earth Is This Happening??

Copper Contributor

Long story short, Bing isn't indexing our website. This has been the case since late May when the website launched.

We have spoken to Bing Support and they have confirmed that they aren't indexing our website. They have not given any information other than a link to their guidelines. A manual review was conducted and the issue (whatever it is) has been confirmed not to be a false positive.

We have had indexing issues with other websites several times before and they have all been resolved by Bing after manually confirming a bug on their side.

The only "lead" we have is that all of the website's URLs appear under "URLs with malware" in the "Site Explorer" tab of Webmaster Tools. Note that the websites DO NOT appear under "URLs with guidelines issues", contrary to what Bing Support told us. This has never been the case before and points towards Bing's malware detection false flagging the website.

Note that this is not a "low ranking" issue. We are not being indexed, full stop. Bing isn't putting us on the 100th page, we're just not on Bing (despite it being aware of our URLs and showing these in Site Explorer).

So this leads me to now... has anyone experienced this issue before, have any ideas or can they help get this escalated at Bing?

5 Replies
same problem for 1 month. No response from Bing ... My site has disappeared from the search engine ...

same problem here. for almost two months. absolutely no answer from bing support.

Hello @Eagleeye404! I see you got your site back in the Bing index. I have the same issue as you. Can you tell me how you got your site re-included in the Bing index? 

@dantoo_daniel wrote:

Long story short, Bing isn't indexing our website. This has been the case since late May when the website launched.

We have spoken to Bing Support and they have confirmed that they aren't indexing our website. They have not given any information other than a link to their guidelines. A manual review was conducted and the issue (whatever it is) has been confirmed not to be a false positive.

We have had indexing issues with other websites several times before and they have all been resolved by Bing after manually confirming a bug on their side.

The only "lead" we have is that all (edit: external link removed by moderator as not allowed here) of the website's URLs appear under "URLs with malware" in the "Site Explorer" tab of Webmaster Tools. Note that the websites DO NOT appear under "URLs with guidelines issues", contrary to what Bing Support told us. This has never been the case before and points towards Bing's malware detection false flagging the website.

Note that this is not a "low ranking" issue. We are not being indexed, full stop. Bing isn't putting us on the 100th page, we're just not on Bing (despite it being aware of our URLs and showing these in Site Explorer).

So this leads me to now... has anyone experienced this issue before, have any ideas or can they help get this escalated at Bing?

Have you read the terms and condition of bing? Mabye your website is violating rules and that's why not getting indexed. Let me know if it's indexed now.

@Jackiee370 

No.  I'm certain there is a bug with bings index and false positives. I'm diligent on daily automated scans and have a Web App Firewall. We definitely don't have malware and bing has us showing false positives. We are a quality site that gets millions of page views monthly from Google search. I'd love to work with Microsoft to get it resolved but I have 3 open support requests that they will not get back to me on. I've talked to other webmasters with quality websites and they are seeing similar issues with bing. It's a widespread issue that they seem to just ignore