Bing Click Jacking Opt Out?

Brass Contributor
Bing is now redirecting all links to a third party domain and making money off those clicks without our approval? Reminds me of malware from 5+ years ago. If there is no opt out I’ll be cancelling my Bing rewards membership and switching to Duck Duck Go. Just a heads up to those in charge of Bing. You’ll be losing some hardcore fans. I have heard several others who are saying the same thing who were strong Bing advocates.
4 Replies

Hey @Senturion33! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. When you use Bing Rebates to make a purchase, we pass on 100% of the cashback to you. Microsoft Bing is not taking any cut or commission. Our goal is to help you find the best rates for the items you're shopping for. If you'd like you can review the FAQs for Bing Rebates and submit your own feedback. Our Rebates Team has had similar feedback and is working to make the whole experience friendlier. What do you think would be the best way to offer Rebates to people shopping on Bing?

Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders

@Alyxe 

Hello!

I think it would make sense to present the rebates as an option that can be enabled or disabled in the Bing preferences. I also suggest that the rebates don't appear until on the Shopping tab of Bing. I regularly search the web and will include sites like Dell.com or HP.com, etc and I don't necessarily need a rebate offer for 95% of the time. It is a nice idea, but a nuisance for normal searches that don't actually involve shopping.

@Senturion33 Thank you for this is insightful feedback. I've passed it along to our Rebates Team. 

Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders

Can I suggest expanding Bing Insiders to Canada? Since I cant join. :(