Bing auto-complete has problem and fails to show suggestions properly

Brass Contributor

This is a comparison for the same phrase in Google VS Bing

1.png

2.png

Bing just doesn't show any suggestions and when it does, it's often only 1 or 2.

that's only one example, I can generate many more if needed.

Google on the other hand, is always accurate and shows suggestions for almost any phrases whether it's in English or Persian.

99% of people in Iran (80+ millions) use Google on their computers, phones, at work etc.

I'm personally a Microsoft fan so I try to use Bing but in order to get others and even myself to use Bing as the main search engine, there needs to be 2 key improvements.

1. Show relevant suggestions when searching in Bing in Persian language
  2. Index more contents and websites in order to show accurate and better results

Thanks

4 Replies

@DJ-Lang 

Patience, my friend.

All good things come to those who wait.

And, if they can wait patiently, the better the outcome will be.

Please, look at 'it' like this:

Microsoft was founded in the United States. Therefore, it is only logical to note that all the information processed, digitized, compressed, coded, and everything else that goes into making these kinds of things will (and did/do) begin with/ by using the English language- first. 

I sincerely wish all we had to do was use a 'drop down' box, so all we had to do was choose the language we wish to read/ work/ play in to get that automatic "POOF!" There it is! EVERYTHING we need in the language we desire. But, unfortunately, 'we' (as a whole) are not there- just yet.

Give 'it' time. The technology IS on its way and will be here faster than you know it.

F.T.R.- I envy you, in a way. I only speak/ read/ write one language (English) fluently. And, at times, I don't even do that well!

Hi @DJ-Lang, I would love to take a closer look into this for you! I tried to see if I could recreate the auto-suggestions not populating but so far the auto-suggestions have been populating for me. Can you confirm your settings for: 

Language: 
Country/Region: 

Thanks, 
Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders

@Alyxe 

Hi
Language: Persian
Country/Region: Iran
Browser: new Chromium Microsoft Edge

Thanks

Hey @DJ-Lang, can you give me some examples of the exact phrases you're putting into the search bar? 

Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders