Auto "correcting" addresses

Copper Contributor

So for awhile I've had this issue where I type in an address into bing maps sometimes it auto changes it to something else. Sometimes it's something small like adding a name. Sometimes it's huge like changing the street name, number city state and sometimes even country. Either way it will often do it even AFTER I click the drop down suggestion which is correct.

As of a couple of days ago I noticed it has increased greatly to the point where almost 50% of the things I type in at a minimum get an unwanted and not always even accurate location name added on which makes it much harder to quickly and easily parse and see the address of and order.

Also in the past I used to sometimes be able to get the thing I wanted, typed in and actually clicked by just hitting enter or putting in completely full address or taking out something like city/zipcode etc. Now though Bing maps doesn't care what I do and constantly changes it

So is there any way to get bing maps to actually show the address I type in and want or will I have to switch to another map program that doesn't assume it knows better than me and forces something else on me?

Oh and I've submitted hundreds of reports on this but not really doing much

2 Replies

Well been almost 2 months of trying suggestions (in another post elsewhere) including using the feedback and other reports to send a good 100+ reports a week. And not only does it not appear to be helping but appears to make things worse while I'm left wondering if anything is even ACTUALLY being read and/or they even considering it.

So now looking for any other ways to actually fix it myself or a better mapping program. For reference I'm using it to put a bunch of addresses in so I can see them all on 1 map and figure out how to make an efficient route based on that and factors I know. I used to use gmaps which was much better until they started limiting me to only 10 stops which just isn't enough for what I've done

Was using BING maps and aside from it rarely changing addresses in weird ways was fine... and then it started doing this and now when I'm looking at a route of 20+ stops I see weird mixes of just addresses like I actually put in and some with random names in front of them that I not only didn't but also have multiple times deleted and clicked the option without it ... some of them actually the place I am going sometimes not. Sometimes not even a place there. Either way it takes me from scanning a bunch of similar things to now having to click those ones to check out which one it is. Also makes ditto anything on the map.

So with that in mind any workable alternatives since it seems there is no fix to this?

If an address is being changed in Bing.com/maps it likely means we do not have that exact address. Try a search in Bing.com without the map and see what you get.

Follow the guidance at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-report-a-concern-or-contact-bing-1831f0fe-3c4d-46ae... to report a missing address.