SOLVED

ARGH! What happened to (the) "people born on ________ __" ?!?!?

Steel Contributor

So (just like the last 631), my daily morning ritual consists of looking up "people born on (December 17)" AFTER I finish the daily set and view the day's "current weather." However, 'this' is what I got (today for December 17): 

Screenshot 2020-12-17 at 5.34.24 AM.png

Instead of:

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 10.35.50 AM.png

Or this:

is she REALLY dead.png

Is the scroll through(?) view being removed from the people born on this day? I hope not. As morbid as this might seem, I enjoy going through the 'people born on ____' only to look at the ones who have passed. It is my way of remembering the departed. 

If you take a closer look at that last screenshot (the one w/ Rachel Reynolds), you will find her listed as having been born in 1982 and died in 1928. Which is IMPOSSIBLE, ...isn't it?)   o.O

24 Replies
I just tied People born on Dec 17 on Edge. It works. Also the dates of the people are from Wikipedia.

@Deleted Good point! I am using Google Chrome, and this is day two. 'It' (the people born on ____ __") is COMPLETELY gone!   u_u

So it isn't working still?

Have you tried installing edge dev on your chormebook using the linux?

@Rae_Rae  @Alyxe Hey ALyxe, can you pass this to the bing team since there seems to be a issue with the userstring or something

I have one question, how do you get that orange theme thing in that bing result???
best response confirmed by Rae_Rae (Steel Contributor)
Solution

Hey @Rae_Rae, I'm sorry you're having issues viewing the 'people born on this day" carousel. I tried to see if I could recreate the issue using Edge Stable and Chrome and was unsuccessful. Have you submitted Feedback on the Bing page yet? 

Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders

You could try reseting the browser to see if that fixes it or delete teh cache.

@Deleted I found it by accident. One day this image was there; curiously, I wondered if I could "change this to something else?" So, I moved my cursor toward the top, left-hand corner of the 'Microsoft Bing!' page and right-clicked. Wouldn't you know it! Three options came up. (One of which included "Ralph" and a later (?) one was "Minecraft") There were more options to choose from later, and then just as quickly as they came, they were gone. Please note: I use my Dell Chromebook for all my internet needs- which, in turn, uses "Google Chrome" as it's browser. *(I've TRIED to install 'edge'- but it's a 'no-go).' -_-

@Alyxe First, thank you! I was having a hard time labeling the "people born on ______ __." "Carousel" is SO PERFECT! Short, sweet, and to the point! LUV it!!! But, to answer your question, no, I haven't "submitted Feedback on the Bing page, yet." I was waiting to see if 'it' would reoccur before mentioning it again. *I've always believed, "three times the charm." I will submit it after I do today's daily set. Just in case I may have overlooked something. =^o^=

At the risk of sounding stupid, where might I find easy access to the 'Bing! Feedback page', please? -_-
Its on teh bottm of the bing page
I meant using the LInux Emulator if the chormebook supports it. Look it up. :)
WOW!! that looks awessome!! I hope Bing rolls that cool pictures soon. That woule. ld beat Goog
Note: If you look up ohw to install edge on a chorembook. Only the Dev Channel is supported I think. You ahve to enable the linux beta on your chormebook, then download the insider version of edge for linux. Rpm. Then you go to the files and run as linux or something. :)

@Rae_Rae No such issue on mine, I'm using Firefox 84.

@ziplock56 I am on Day FOUR and still n-o-t-h-i-n-g. I cannot download any other browser because I use a Dell Chromebook, which automatically has/ uses Google Chrome.

@Rae_Rae I'm surprised to hear that this is still an issue! To submit feedback, you scroll to the bottom of the Bing page that you're experiencing the issue on and select "Feedback" from there just follow the prompts. Have you tried clearing your history and cached data? 

Alyxandria (she/her)

;) That's what I'm here for! Thanks!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rae_Rae (Steel Contributor)
Solution

Hey @Rae_Rae, I'm sorry you're having issues viewing the 'people born on this day" carousel. I tried to see if I could recreate the issue using Edge Stable and Chrome and was unsuccessful. Have you submitted Feedback on the Bing page yet? 

Alyxandria (she/her)

View solution in original post