A Bing! 'WHOLE recipe calorie counter' IDEA

Steel Contributor

So! I use the Bing search for MANY things. In particular, one is for converting measurements (in. to cm.; cups to oz.; etc.). I have even found (thanks in part to Bing's- believe it or not- "This or That") a 'calorie counter' for INDIVIDUAL ingredients. Because of this, a thought dawned on me on how we could take 'this' idea a step further... what if there were a way to find the TOTAL calorie intake for recipes that we add to the/ a queue?

For example:

I use an (unknown weight of) onion, a pinch of salt, just enough vinegar to cover half the onions, and 1.5 Tbs of sugar to make pickled onions. Instead of looking up EACH ingredient on its own, would there/ is there a way to add these items into a calculator so that it becomes easier to know the caloric count? 

3 Replies

@Rae_Rae That's an awesome suggestion! How would this feature be useful to you or others? 

Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders

@Alyxe I believe this would benefit/aid anyone watching their caloric intake; have a bunch of fresh food they want to make something with or a chef who wants to take recipes to the next level but needs help with 'the math.' In my mind, I see this working as a calculator. You put in the amount(s) and type(s) of food on one side and the other, out 'pours' the combined answer. Unless, of course, this is already done- in which case, what would 'it' be called?      o.O

@Rae_Rae This is a great idea! Thank you, I'll pass it along to our Developers. 

Alyxandria (she/her)
Community Manager - Bing Insiders