Your message couldn't be delivered because the recipient's email server (outside Office 365) suspect

Copper Contributor

Hi,

issue has lasted for months already. First i thought issue was on gmail side (when i tried to reply to emails which were sent from @gmail.com) , but now i discovered that i can`t reply to 90% of the emails I have received. Mails are received from different domains and all I try to do is to reply to an email ... What is going on and how to fix this (who can fix this?)!)

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

Your message couldn't be delivered because the recipient's email server (outside Office 365) suspected that your message was spam. 

36 Replies
Hi,

but my issue has nothing to do with it, as in most of the cases I`m trying to send email outside Office365..

"If you're trying to send mail to an Office 365 recipient and the mail has been rejected because of your sending IP address, follow these steps to submit a delisting request."

@Raginho 

In that case, it is not Microsoft blocking, please check the DNS lists, but I will not share the link, only general information.

Domain Name System-based blocklist - Wikipedia

Hi,

but i can`t fill out the form, because error message i received is not the same as was described in this de-list ip tutorial video. More precicely, error msg I received didnt contain IP address and how can i fill out the form without Ip address?!
Hi again,

found my IP using google, thx.

Then tried to perform this-delist process, it can´t be done.

I received confirmation email, but when i tried to proceed with delisting, i received following msg: The request to delist IP address 141.192.xxx.x has been denied. If you believe that you're receiving this message in error, you can request an escalation below.

@Raginho 

unfortunately, I have no experience in this and probably incorrectly filled out the form or skipped some step, e.g. pasting information about the error you received, but it can not be continued in the public forum.

", you can request an escalation below."

@A1 

I have this same issue. Started a couple months ago (after 10+ years of using hotmail)

I am using a web browser to access my hotmail. I can still send and receive emails.... However, I if I reply or forward an email it is not delivered because the server thinks that I am spam.

email address removed for privacy reasons sends me an email... "Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups: Your message couldn't be delivered because the recipient's email server (outside Office 365) suspected that your message was spam. "

This is a personal email account that is not used for business. I do not send out more than 10-15 emails a day (and usually much less) from this account. I can send an email to myself... forward that email to myself, and reply to myself.

@A1 

I used a link above to delist the ip.. however, it doesnt seem to have done anything as i still have the issue.

@dad10ant   You have to wait, it can take up to 48 hours.

@A1
thank you following up. Will continue to try for next 48 hours.
@A1
have waited 48 hours. still cannot reply or frwd emails. Weird that i can send and receive emails.
do these setting matter if i am only checking my email from the web?

one additional thought. I went to mexico a couple months back (just before this was an issue) and tried to check my hotmail from my phone. I had an issue doing that. I could not use the "mail" app on my cell phone, so used the web browser interface and was able to check my email. Do you believe trying to access this hotmail email from mexico has created a security flag on their end? If so, any recommendations to change?
Hi,

for what it`s worth, I am also still having the issue and MS tech support is not helping at all. I`ve tried to "contact them" - it`s all about just automated steps- "did you try this, did you try that" - there is no real human I could try to contact and ask for help, is there?

Really frustrating situation.

@Raginho 

I understand, I am not a Microsoft employee, but I see that your username -> is not your real name, and the spam filter automatically blocks - of course, currently the blocking rules are a priority due to threats. 

Please let me know what you think? 

of course the other user has the name "Verified" also I think it is inappropriate , and this could be the cause of the problem?