windows 10 business subscription is active windows is not activated

Copper Contributor

Hello,
Our company purchased a number of laptops without an operating system, and we also bought several Microsoft 365 Business Premium licenses in December 2020.

Windows 10 Pro was installed on laptops using the installation package taken from this source.

Users were assigned Microsoft 365 Business licenses, and laptops were Azure AD joined and signed in with the corresponding licensed user's 365 usernames.

This article was used.

The Windows 10 Edition does update to Windows 10 Business and Subscription shows as active however Activation fails: error 0x8007007B

"We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server. Make sure that you're connected to your organization's network and try again. If you continue having problems with activation, contact your organization's support person. Error code 0x8007007B".

1.png
I contacted "Get Help" technical support with the following answer: "Please visit the Office 365 & Microsoft 365 (for Business) support site to get in touch with an agent"
I contacted the Microsoft 365 (for business) support site, but they were unable to help me. I have already created 2 Service requests but they could not help me.

After a while, I managed to activate Windows 10 on one of the laptops, but the rest of the devices remain unactivated.

2.png

Please help find the error and activate other Windows 10 devices.

7 Replies

@mkorzenko 

Try to delete the windows update KB5000802 in programs and features.

The next move is to restart the computer and sign in with one of the administrators accounts. Go to Activation and do the troubleshoot. it should work!

I do not have the KB5000802 update on my laptop
Hi,
Were the machines AAD joined or just standalone PCs? They need to be AAD joined at a minimum.
Check out the below article which should point you in the right direction:

"Devices must be Azure AD-joined or Hybrid Azure AD joined. Workgroup-joined or Azure AD registered devices are not supported."

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/windows-10-subscription-activation
Sorry didn't see you had mentioned they are AAD joined. Check out your version in that article and it should still help.

@mkorzenkoYou need to have a valid Windows Pro license to activate. The Windows Business subscription is an add-on to Windows Pro allowing you, primarily, to provision devices from AAD

@Uwe_Rasmussen I know this post is a couple years old, but it just worked for me. I bought a refurbished laptop that was licensed with Windows 10 for business - and was able to activate it using a Windows 10 Pro license.

@mkorzenko 

What is your Windows 10 license purchase or equipped from?