Why office outlook 365 and outlook mail sucks terribly and worst emails in the whole wide world?

Copper Contributor

It was so painful to say the truth but 365 emails sucks awfully. I will list down everything below.

It is too slow and buttons are most of the time unresponsive. 

Emails are lost when viewing in browser.

Both UI and UX makes the email system more complex and confusing.

It's so beautiful but it's nearly useless when talking about efficiency.

The good thing is only calendar feature.

In outlook email, people suffer the birthday reminders which they cannot unsubscribe.

And so many tons of bugs and pains I forget to mention.

Now it is telling me "Session Expired" everytime after I log in.

My colleagues also have the same problem.

56 Replies

I will add to this - the frustration is so High with Microsoft - how can you put out junk like this after all the knowledge from desktop outlook - you put out a half-built version for 365 - buyer beware. 

I will add - the import contacts section does not even give you an option to upload from a spreadsheet file - so hold on...there is an option I had to figure out in the import contacts option called " import from window live" so it give the option to upload from a CSV file however it doesnt work!! Ha Really Microsoft I keep getting an error ...a joke really "upload failed - check to see that you are uploading a Outlook compatible CSV file" what, really, I have never heard of that one?? Microsoft please explain- so frustrating when you put out buggy software - but that's your way isn't it !! Hater no doubt

Do you get the session expired message when logging in after a long period of inactivity? Maybe the session really expired. If that's the case, then you can change the timeouts.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/session-timeouts?redirectSourcePath=%252fen-us...

Thank you for trying however the answer was that I was using the web version of outlook 365 that is a stripped down version of outlook- I downloaded the desktop version and now have the tools I need. It would be nice if Microsoft told us that - but again its Microsoft - you are really on your own! 

I'm not sure if you know, but you have technical phone support included in your subscription (even for trial subscriptions), so you are not at all on your own. If something is not working as it should, contact support.

I called Microsoft support and was told we had to route the issues through our IT support.  You might as well hide behind the IT teams since this is such a crappy product.

The Microsoft Mobile IOS App is extremely limited in function.  Microsoft recommended to our IT team to lock down "Active Sync" for security reasons and now we're stuck with this crappy application.  At least with Active Sync you can use mobile application like "mobile Day to automatically dial conference call numbers when traveling.  Most of my colleagues didn't even bother to load the application because its so terrible. 

I think its wrong for Microsoft to force users to accept the terms and conditions to arbitrate.  Microsoft has some great products but this is a terrible solution.

Another bundle of crap from MS.. Office 365 really sucks and I'm so frustrated that I could not get it downgraded to an earlier version because the **bleep** IT sec department where I'm working wont allow it.  This piece of crap is no better than the first program written by a newbie. The UI is unresponsive most of the time, takes sooooo long to load the profile as if it is loading from another planet. After waiting so long to send a mail, adding insult to injury this crap send blank/empty mails to all the recipients without giving me a clue that it is going to send an empty email. All what I typed is gone forever.  This is happening quite often and the b***s update Build 9029.2167 did not fix this issue as claiming by MS. 

If you break down your issues and explain the actual problems in a more formal way, I’m sure you can get help! “Sucks” is not very helpful for us to figure out your problems with Outlook!

Adam

The Microsoft Mobile IOS App is extremely limited in function.  Microsoft recommended to our IT team to lock down "Active Sync" for security reasons and now we're stuck with this crappy application.  At least with Active Sync you can use mobile application like "mobile Day to automatically dial conference call numbers when traveling.  Most of my colleagues didn't even bother to load the application because its so terrible. 

I think its wrong for Microsoft to force users to accept the terms and conditions to arbitrate.  Microsoft has some great products but this is a terrible solution.

Most of my issues are related to using Outlook on Apple products.  I'm not going to move to MS Windows.  I prefer the Apple echo system and need email and calendar to work seamlessly with my devices.  Below a re just a few issues to point out.

Active Sync turned off by IT:

Calendar Issues:

- Mobile apps like "Mobile Day" no longer work is the mail and calendar are not native to IOS.

- No interface to LogmeIn "Open Voice" from iMac or IOS

- No button to click automatic conference numbers similar to Lotus Notes or IBM Cloud.

- No voice command for those who travel and need to ask Siri to join our next call handsfree.  Travelers need safe ways to join calls.  Its not possible to pull over every time, especially if a call drops.

- No automatic formatting of conference number + pass code when the user initiating the conference call forgets to format  Tel:9-999-999-9999,,,,,9999999#

Mail:

- No way to disengage mail threads and send one portion of the thread

-  No voice response reply function

- MS Outlook App battery drain

I would add the 'Conversations' view in web Outlook 365:
- why is it turned on by default?
- why can't I disable it globally for all folders and subfolders?
- it doesn't work reliably as it sometimes matches new emails to old conversations, we've already lost a client because an enquiry forwarded to an employee has been attached to an old conversation which the employee did not see. It really sucks.

You can now disable conversation view in the new version of OWA that is now in preview.

{A5325149-0F32-42DD-9A6B-876504C7763B}.png.jpg

I believe you are referring to Outlook.com while I was referring to Web Outlook for Office 365 i.e. Office 365 Business Essentials plan.

What's interesting is that in 'Display settings'->'Reading pane' it is possible to tick 'Apply to all folders' but only there.

Thank you but it seems it is available to Targeted Release customers only and we're on Standard release.

We're pretty small organisation and I've disabled conversations view on all inboxes already.

I came here out of pure frustration at how much Outlook Mail SUCKS and has been just destroyed by whatever group of amateurs they must have had working on it. It's so bad, it deserves an award. It's just a nightmare to deal with.

Can we do, like, a class action lawsuit? I simply can't believe how awful this email server has become.

i would also add

1. the crashes out of blue " the set of folders cannot be opened" - headaches to repair

2. cannot automatically add email senders to my contact list (like the now-gone XOBNI did)

3. when typing a contact name to send an email to, it only looks up by the first letter. if you don't remember his email's first letter, good luck (like thunderbird does and gmail, it checks within the whole contact, not the first letter).

4. cannot sync email signature across devices

5. cannot properly prioritize emails (or snooze them)

the list can go on and on...Sad as i don't have a better alternative

it is the worst product out there    constantly crashes  Why cant they just give it an overhaul ? @Saw Shine Moe 

I am giving up, this product is simply wrong, Microsoft has lost their way from the very beginning, all the simple task is drowning in junk features that are too complicated to setup.

I make software for a living, but I simply can’t figure out what Microsoft is trying to do with this product, I will have to go back to just using google and part with office for good.

@ctf001 

@Saw Shine Moe It just sucks, don't expect it to get any better. Microsoft's super massive black hole to suck up every other  domain, email server, email provider, etc. and collect a monthly fee rather than a one time perpetual license.