SOLVED

Welcome to the Enable Remote Work community

Microsoft

With more than 3% of the workforce—or around 5 million people—now working from home at least half of the time, remote work within the non-self-employed population has grown by nearly 200% in the last 15 years.¹ More than 70% of employees worldwide work remotely at least once a week.² 

Not a huge surprise considering the significant improvements in technology that have happened over this time. Of course, remote work is not new, but with more and more people working remotely, especially in these difficult times, different challenges have emerged.

To help address these challenges, we have created a community space for sharing best practices, guidance, and experiences around enabling remote work. Registering is fast and free, and in seconds you’ll have access to the community forums and feedback submission areas. Simply sign in with your Microsoft account to register and select the "Join" button on the Enable Remote Work community.

We’ve created a space for you to ask questions, answer others’ questions, and participate in discussions.  Folks across Microsoft will also be engaging you in these discussions. We will be publishing blog articles here to keep you updated on related announcements and helpful resources. There is also an active poll to get us started – tell us whether you are working from home by clicking the ‘vote’ button on the panel in the right.

We’re very excited to welcome you to the new Enable Remote Work community. We can’t wait to hear about your experiences and ideas!

[1] Latest Telecommuting/Mobile Work/Remote Work Statistics, Aug 2019; Analysis of 2005-2018 (released in 2019) American Community Survey (US Census Bureau) data conducted by Global Workplace Analytics.

[2] IWG Global Workspace Survey, 2019

26 Replies

@Anna Chu Thank you very much!

Thanks for the call out @Anna Chu :D
can it be possible for me work remotely while I am not active employee

I've been working remotely (it started with Microsoft in 2011 when I was an FTE and continued for all subsequent employment) for 8 1/2 years now and the best suggestion I can offer is to do your best to separate your work time from personal time: schedule work outs or breaks in your calendar, set a time to start and end when you are able to, make sure you "clock out" mentally as well as physically.  It's very convenient (no commute, do laundry while you're working, etc) but can be overwhelming if you don't set proper boundaries.

It would interesting to see updated remote working stats 3 months on from the welcome note, as it has become 'the new norm' for some sectors.
That is real challenge