Use mobile device as PowerPoint controller and more

Copper Contributor
So I have been looking around and the only thing I can find is a reference to an old PowerPoint remote controller app for Android from many years ago that is no longer supported or available. However, I do still have the want to be able to control a PowerPoint being presented from my mobile phone, tablet, etc. and be able to navigate the slides at a minimum, but if I could do some highlighter/markup capabilities, that would be even better.

So here I am reaching out to the Microsoft PowerPoint community to see what I am missing here. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas that I could do to achieve the above?

Thanks.
2 Replies

@Rlwakefield 

I'm not an expert on presentations with remote controllers for Android, but it can work directly with the smartphone.

Office Remote turns your phone into a smart remote that interacts with Microsoft Office on your PC.

The app lets you control Word, Excel, and PowerPoint from across the room,

so you can walk around freely during presentations.

Microsoft Office Remote PC Setup

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41149

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Sadly, the Office Remote app was pulled from the Google Play store several years ago and is currently listed as only compatible with Windows phones. It's a shame, I loved that app and the closest I've come to a replacement is a paid version of a third-party application. It would be great if Microsoft would bring this project back to life!