To-Do Overdue tasks

Copper Contributor

Tasks in folders that are not completed lose focus. All my tasks are in folders to categorize them. Whether I flag the task as "My Day" or not, the next day the task is not in "My Day" or in "Planned" views. I suggest that the tasks stay in these views showing as "Overdue".  

Or is there something I should be doing differently?

14 Replies

@Joan Lawson- Did you ever receive a solution for this?  I'm a new user of To-Do and just ran into this.  Googling now and ran across this.  It's frustrating to say the least that an overdue task just "disappears" from the Today and Planned SmartLists.  :(

hello, i am currently having this problem too. did you find a solution for this?
I guess it is still an open issue for Microsoft To Do. That is why the reason why i didnt feel certain to use it.
Strangely enough, the tasks appear correctly in the To-Do section of Microsoft Outlook and the iPhone mobile app, even the macOS app; the issue seems to be only with the Windows To-Do app. Just doesn't show tasks for today and overdue ones.
100% agree with this issue. It makes no sense that an unfinished task falls out of focus. Seems like comment sense to keep over-due tasks in my day. Microsoft, please change.

THIS is my exact issue. I'm trying to use this for our team and for those who may not be able to understand or want to know anymore than wants on "My Day", it is very frustrating that a task that is past due will disappear from the My Day list. This makes no sense...

Something like this is making me consider switching to a different task program. I feel like this should be a simple fix.

@Joan Lawson 

@Joan Lawson Still going on in 2023. For this reason I am abandoning this app. If something is overdue I need it to stay front and center. Ridiculous that it falls back into the task list! 

It makes zero sense!! I have missed several tasks because I was relying on my day only to find that some slipped through the cracks. I have 100's of to do's from emails, planner, teams ect that don't need my attention, only to be date marked somewhere. I need my today and overdue in one spot. It's May 2023 and still can't find a solution or even a rough work around except for each day going back into manually put my overdue tasks back into my day. And, to make sure the suggested potential tasks on so it shows in a side bar on the right.

Come on MS. Such an easy fix that would make all the difference to us.

@Joan Lawson 

Obviously you just need to get your work done on time! /s

Same issue - was hoping I was missing a setting, but nope.

This issue is still not fixed. It's really frustrating and honestly pointless to have a "My Day" section if it works like this.

@Joan Lawson Easy fix for this: use the list "Planned" instead of "My Day".  This will show overdue tasks, tasks for today, and you can scroll down to see future tasks as well.

Absolutely true - but then, what is the point of the 'My Day' section?
My Day's point is to be an intentional list that you curate yourself, not something that gets populated automatically. The thought is that we often have too many tasks, so the idea is that to have a handpicked list that's small enough to be achievable and feels like you can make progress against.

At least for me, I can add stuff in bulk from Planned to My Day - just right click a bucket's title (in your case, Earlier) and it has an "Add tasks to My Day" button.

Also, My Day's Suggestions panel (press the lightbulb at the top) shows you overdue tasks which are easy to add to My Day.

I've just started using Tasks Planner in Microsoft Teams and I've find out this same issue. I'm not sure if they are going to fix it, so meanwhile you can set an automation to flow uncomplete tast to "My Day" automatically. I'm going to try it following this article: https://ideas.powerautomate.com/d365community/idea/adadd146-cf5a-47b3-8b33-99510811a273

Hope that helps :happyface: