Subtasks in Microsoft Lists?

Copper Contributor

I'm new to Microsoft Lists, and I see some great potential there.

One thing I'd like to be able to do, using the Assignment Tracker and/or Issue Tracker options, is to attach subtasks to primary assignments. Is there a way to do that?

For those familiar with Jira, I'm hoping to be able to use MS Lists much like Jira for work assignments and bug tracking.

4 Replies
Only way that comes to my mind is to do this by means of another list linked to your main list by means of a lookup field

@nathanstack 

That is how I did it:

1 - create a new radio choice column called "Project name"

2 - the values you can select will call like the main project (ex. build the car)

3 - create all the tasks as single items and assign to all of them "build the car"

4 - in the column "Project name" left click and select Group by Project Name

The name of the project will appear in bold and all the tasks with the indentation like:

Build the car

engine

tire

drive test

Works for simple projects, for more complex maybe conditional formatting will do

@FabioPlos 

Using this. Thank you SO much! I have been trying to find some sort of solution and this will work!

I've tried to set this up as per the instructions, but it is not working for me. @leedalton or @FabioPlos  - are you able to upload a video for me so I can follow and identify what step I am missing?  Thanks!