sorry, we couldn't find your file. Was it moved, renamed or deleted

Copper Contributor

Hello

We have 1 user that have problems with o365
When she started a new empty word document from the desktop app she get the title error.
When we go look into her onedrive then we see that the document is created.
So we got document1.docx ,2.docx, 3.docx, 4.docx  and so on.

When she open a word document from onedrive there are no problems.
When se open a new word document from an document se opend in onedrive there a also no problems.

So only when se start a new empty from the app she got these error.

Some screenshots but in ducth

foutmelding nieuw document maken office_LI.jpgFoutmelding nieuw document openen.PNG

anyone know this problem?

Regards Gianni

3 Replies
Though couldn't read the screenshots, but here is the quick tip or solution to get this issues fixed,

try to logout from Onedrive and also open MS word, go to account setting and sign out from that too, then try to download/update the onedrive client once updates try to connect/login to onedrive first, then open word again and login as it will have a sign in option on the top bar displaying or you can go to account setting and login from there.

if you follow these steps it will fix the issue.

@PDostiyar

i did what you say but that did not fixed the problem.
I did some more test en it's looks like it's only happens on windows 10 app and only on a new document template.

when i go to office.com and start a new empty document from there we have no problem.
When i start from the windows app i got the error.
When i start a other template from the windows 10 app i got no problems

so if that is the case i would suggest changing the word doc default template might help too....

here are the steps;
Change the Normal template (Normal. dotm )

On the File tab, click Open.
Go to C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates.
Open the Normal template (Normal. ...
Make any changes that you want to the fonts, margins, spacing, and other settings. ...
When you have finished, click the File tab, and then click Save.