SOLVED

Send an E-Mail notification on user login

Brass Contributor

Hello everyone

I'am wondering if there is a built-in feature in Microsoft 365 to trigger an email when a specific user loggs in to any cloud service from Microsoft. (or basically uses the 365 authentication) - subsequently an email should be sent... is there any service I could use? I've checked Office 365 activity policies and Power Flow but not sure how to build my requirement.

Thank you for your help!

Niklas

6 Replies
best response confirmed by niklastinner (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@niklastinner 

You could use the auditing feature from the Security and Compliance Center as below;

Screenshot 2020-07-01 at 12.34.10.png

From the results you could then create a New alert policy which would send you emails upon a match.

If you needed something more advanced, the Cloud App Security is probably going to be your friend here.

Hi
thanks for your help! Could you mabye help me where to find this policies when they've been created? And does this whole process need additional prerequisits in terms of licensing or other ressources to create?

@niklastinner 

So when you create such a policy, it will appear in the Security and Compliance Center under this section.

Screenshot 2020-07-01 at 18.31.24.png

Any typical Office 365 subscription such as O365 E3 will allow you to do this.  

As of now, this not possible anymore. You cannot create an alert policy from an audit log search
Does anyone know if it will be available in the future again? Is there any other workaround for this?

Yes me too, I wanted to set up an alert for when certain user log in to the system...

Is there a way to do this, maybe with powershell?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by niklastinner (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@niklastinner 

You could use the auditing feature from the Security and Compliance Center as below;

Screenshot 2020-07-01 at 12.34.10.png

From the results you could then create a New alert policy which would send you emails upon a match.

If you needed something more advanced, the Cloud App Security is probably going to be your friend here.

View solution in original post