Request for Data Recovery on Excel Office 365

Copper Contributor

trying to recover and earlier saved excel file, where the name of wrong file was saved over

3 Replies
If you have stored your Excel document on SharePoint / OneDrive, you could use versioning: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/how-versioning-works-in-lists-and-libraries-0f6cd105-974f...
This was a file stored on my computer, not onedrive. After a microsoft update, I had 3 excel files that were open during update, apparently I saved the wrong file as the name for a very important file and it wrote over my saved file. I need to recover that file. This was explained to microsoft support and I was sent here

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble recovering a previously saved Excel file. Recovering data can be quite tricky, but there are several ways you can try. First, check if the file is in the Recycle Bin, if it is there, you can recover it. If not, check Excel's auto-restore feature. Another option is to check to see if you have a file backup. If you're using Office 365, you might have the file saved in the cloud, and you can access it from there. If you still can't recover the file, it may be worth contacting a professional data recovery service (link removed by moderator as advertising is not allowed on Tech Community). I hope that was helpful.