SOLVED

Recover calendar items from a Microsoft 365 group

Brass Contributor

Hi!

Someone at an organization I work for have accidentally delete all the calendar items of a Microsoft 365 Group. I am trying to restore those items, I added the Microsoft 365 Group as a shared folder in OWA. From there the deleted items folder is visible, with all the deleted items, but it give not a restore option.

Normally you see something like this:

rtaImage.png

At this moment, I do not have any option to restore the calendar items in the deleted items folder of the Microsoft 365 Group.

I'm trying to search online on how to restore this, but didn't find any answers. Hope someone knows the trick :)

Regards,

Ricardo

2 Replies
best response confirmed by vand3rlinden (Brass Contributor)
Solution
You should be able to use Get-RecoverableItems/Restore-RecoverableItems :)

@Vasil MichevThanks, this was the trick. For future readers, hereby the full fix.

<#
Get-RecoverableItems and Restore-RecoverableItems 
The cmdlets are available only in the Mailbox Import Export role, and by default, the role isn't assigned to any role groups. 
To use this cmdlet, you need to add the Mailbox Import Export role to a role group (for example, to the Organization Management role group)
#>

#### 1: Add the role if not exist
New-ManagementRoleAssignment -SecurityGroup "Organization Management" -Role "Mailbox Import Export"

#### 2: Search on FilterItemType IPM.Appointment (Meetings and appointments)

#Search all
Get-RecoverableItems -Identity "primarysmtp" -FilterItemType IPM.Appointment

#Search on range
Get-RecoverableItems -Identity "primarysmtp" -FilterItemType IPM.Appointment -FilterStartTime "3/17/2022 12:00:00 AM" -FilterEndTime "6/15/2022 11:59:59 PM"

#### 3: After you check the results, you can go over to the restore

#Restore all
Restore-RecoverableItems -Identity "primarysmtp" -FilterItemType IPM.Appointment

#Restore in range
Restore-RecoverableItems -Identity "primarysmtp" -FilterItemType IPM.Appointment -FilterStartTime "3/17/2022 12:00:00 AM" -FilterEndTime "6/15/2022 11:59:59 PM"

#All Item Types and Message Classes: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vba/outlook/concepts/forms/item-types-and-message-classes

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by vand3rlinden (Brass Contributor)
Solution
You should be able to use Get-RecoverableItems/Restore-RecoverableItems :)

View solution in original post