"Sorry, another account from you organization is already signed in on this computer"

Brass Contributor

I have a cloud-hosted remote desktop server that a few of our users are remoting into for Quickbooks but they also need an Outlook profile set up on there so they can email out of Quickbooks. We had a person leave and I'm trying to set up the person that took over her positions with a new Outlook profile but I get the attached error.

We're using a generic pro plus license for the Office activation and I already removed the old users Outlook profile from "mail" options. 

How can I get rid of this error?

2019-09-04_9-37-51.png

2 Replies

Which version of Office is that? Try opening Word or Excel, check the account configured there and sign out if needed. If that fails, you will have to remove the corresponding keys from the registry, but let's keep that as a backup solution.

It's version 2016. I think that hosted server may need a reboot which I can do after hours. I don't want to remove any existing keys as other users login to that machine to and I don't want to disturb their sessions and have each one reactivate under their user profiles.