Problem with Office 365 Subscription

Copper Contributor

I bought Office 365 from OfficeMax about a year ago. Now I am getting a pop-up saying that there's a problem with the subscription and a Fix button. I figure that means it's time to buy again. But, when I click "Fix" it says that my admin hasn't given me rights to Office. There's no admin here. I'm the owner, and I have a customer service rep. When I tried to put in payment information, it said only the admin could do so.

8 Replies
Hi,

What role does your account have? Global Administrator? Are you able to logon to the admin.microsoft.com page and view the subscriptions?

If you do, I just would add a creditcard buy the subscription directly from Microsoft and leave the old "OfficeMax" subscription as is.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask!

Niels
It says, "Switch to an account that has permission."
Zosimus,

Allright, but what role does your have account have? Are you able to add another Microsoft 365 subscription?

Thanks,

Niels

@Niels_Kok 

Well, I suppose I could go back to OfficeMax and buy another card with a code on it — if that's what you're asking.

Hi Zosimus,

That is not what I am asking. I am trying to help you figure out what role you have on your account in the Office 365 portal.

Are you able to perform the following:
https://help.suitefiles.com/knowledge/article/knowledge/checking-youre-an-o365-global-admin

Could you let me know?

Thanks,

Niels
It says:

Your account doesn’t have permission to view or manage this page in the Microsoft 365 admin center.
Hi Zosimus,

That means that you don't have the appropriate permissions to extend your current subscription. It probably also means that you can't add another subscription. Do you have any other account for this tenant? That maybe is an Global Administrator?

Thanks,

Niels

@Niels_Kok I don't understand what you mean by "tenant." I have two accounts — one business and one personal. I am signed in to both. There are no other accounts. It appears that I will have to simply abandon Microsoft products in favor of some alternative.