.ppsx in Teams

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to share a PowerPoint with embedded forms in Teams as a slideshow for my users to view directly.  Normally, I would just share a .ppsx file, but I would like to store this in my channel and share a link for easy access.

When I open a .ppsx file directly in Teams, I see the following error for the Form:

tford25_0-1633360485784.png

If I open the same .pptx with the same form, it displays the Form fine within Teams.

As a workaround, I was going to instruct my users to do "Open in app" instead, but ran into another problem with .ppsx in Teams:  the "Open in app" option opens the file in editor mode instead of directly into the slideshow.  

As another workaround, I was going to remove the embedded Form and instead link to it.  Upon testing, I came across another bug where links no longer function when a .ppsx file is viewed in Teams.

Is there any way to share a PowerPoint with embedded Forms other than having the end user open the fil in the editor and start the slideshow themselves?

1 Reply

Hi @tford25  Since there hasn't been any response from the Teams community, I'm inclined to move this to the PowerPoint community, since they may have greater insights.