SOLVED

Powerpoint (V.2202) shut down itself without autosave when I temporary left my PC

Copper Contributor
Hi all,
I have this experience when I have worked on powerpoint slides. I left my laptop for awhile without any works and close the lid of my laptop after working on some slides, then when I opened it again, the apps just completely gone as if I never had opened it. Therefore, my works also gone although there were some autosave has going on before.
It has happened twice. Today I just left the laptop without even close the lid after working on the slides and the apps again disappeared and the works were gone. I suspect there was some kind of setting on the MS-Office that I should look at. But, I remember that I never change anything before.
I just recently upgrade my laptop to Windows 11 and I think the issue was started after the upgrade. I like to know whether anyone has similar problem like me and perhaps can share some advise and help. Thank you.
4 Replies
Does your system goes to sleep or hibernate?
Try update Windows and update the Microsoft Office.
Try open start and search for feedback and open the Feedback Hub app and report this issue.
Are you facing this issue in other Microsoft Office products too?
Try restart your PC and try again.
You may check the Event Viewer and see if there is any relevant log files there?

Hi @Reza_Ameri thanks for the reply. No, I only have the issue with PowerPoint. Currently, I have my MS-Word opened for a day (I intentionally opened it and never close it to see whether the problem exists in other MS-office apps) and the laptop just hibernates and sleeps several times, but the Word just stays. 

best response confirmed by albuddysj (Copper Contributor)
Solution
If you are using McAfee, following link may be helpful.

MS PowerPoint automatically turns down when PC sleeps and McAfee is working back ground.

https://forums.mcafee.com/t5/PC-Optimization/MS-PowerPoint-automatically-turns-down-when-PC-sleeps-a...
Thanks Akio.
I have posted the same discussion on the Microsoft Community forum. Someone has noted the same issue with McAfee and I can confirm you the Antivirus is the culprit. I think they still don't have any cure for that.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by albuddysj (Copper Contributor)
Solution
If you are using McAfee, following link may be helpful.

MS PowerPoint automatically turns down when PC sleeps and McAfee is working back ground.

https://forums.mcafee.com/t5/PC-Optimization/MS-PowerPoint-automatically-turns-down-when-PC-sleeps-a...

View solution in original post