PowerPoint - Trouble Changing Color of Pasted Image

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I recently custom cropped a shape using a photoshop app and then copy and pasted this shape into one of my slides on PowerPoint. The shape is a default white color and I have had no success on changing the color to the one I want in the photoshop app. When I try to change the color of the shape in PPT, it seems that the original white color of the shape is diluting any color that I try to apply over it, making it muted. Has anyone had this experience and knows how to adjust for this muting effect? I need to make the color of the shape a precise color using red, green, blue values; so I cannot just eyeball the correct color.

Thank you!

2 Replies

@arthurlee99 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the PowerPoint space - please post PowerPoint questions here in the future. 

It's hard to say for certain w/o seeing the original in Photoshop and the result in PPT, but most likely you're running into a color management issue. Photoshop does color management, adjusting the colors you see on screen according to a profile that takes into account the color characteristics of your monitor, chosen printer, etc. PowerPoint doesn't do color management at all. Probably Photoshop is altering your chosen RGB values for display on your monitor, but passing the actual RGB values to the clipboard and on to PPT when you paste.