Playing MP4 video in Powerpoint

Copper Contributor

Hi,

In a Powerpoint slide (Office 365, Windows 11) I added a play button icon and added a link to that button.
The link points to a video file (MP4). The video can be played without any problem when I insert the embedded MP4 in my slide. So the MP4 is not the problem.
I don't want to insert the video in this way but I want a small button to start it in full screen.
However when I start the presentation mode in Powerpoint I see a small dialogue asking me if I'm sure to open the file because that could include a risk. When I approve to open the file nothing happens.

When I do this on a different PC the video is displayed.  So I have the impression it has to do with the video adapter.

Can anybody help me to solve this?

kind regards, Reyer

1 Reply

Hi @Reyer8091,

I am an independent advisor investigating this inquiry.

Based on your information, you are doing everything correctly with embedding your video and displaying it in presentation mode. Since the issue is only occurring on your computer, do you have any third-party security apps like Norton, McAfee, or Windows third-party apps enabled? Sometimes apps can cause a problem.  

If yes, try disabling the apps to see if the video launches without the warning message. 

If you find this information helpful, please mark it as the best answer or like it, which assists others with the same question.

Have a good day.

/Teresa