Planner scheduled dates have all reset to today

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I use Microsoft Planner a lot, with multiple plans. Today, every single scheduled date has reset to today's date. This will be a huge manual job to rest, and I'm not sure why this has happened.

Any help much appreciated!

6 Replies

@vernoona  Hello, I understand how frustrating and time-consuming it can be when scheduled dates in Microsoft Planner suddenly reset to today's date. There could be several reasons why this issue occurred, but we can try some troubleshooting steps to help resolve it.

1. **Check Time Zone Settings: ** Ensure that your computer's time zone settings are accurate. Sometimes, discrepancies in time zone settings can cause date-related issues in various applications, including Microsoft Planner.

2. **Verify Planner Settings: ** Double-check the settings in Microsoft Planner to see if any changes were made inadvertently. Make sure that the start and due dates are set correctly for your tasks.

3. **Refresh the Page:** Sometimes, a simple page refresh can resolve display issues. Press F5 or click

the refresh button on your browser to see if the dates revert to their original settings.

4. **Clear Browser Cache:** Cached data in your browser can sometimes cause unexpected issues. Try clearing your browser's cache and then revisit Microsoft Planner to see if the dates are back to normal.

5. **Check for Updates:** Ensure that Microsoft Planner and your web browser are up to date. Outdated software can sometimes lead to compatibility issues.

6. **Contact Microsoft Support:** If the issue persists, reach out to Microsoft support for further assistance. They may be able to provide specific guidance or identify any known issues related to the date resetting problem.

In the meantime, to avoid manual re-scheduling of all the tasks, you might consider exporting your current Planner data to a spreadsheet. This way, you'll have a backup of the original dates, and it may also help you in restoring the dates later if needed. Please remember to exercise caution when making any changes or exporting data to avoid accidental data loss. I hope these steps help resolve the issue. If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask. Good luck! :happyface:

@vernoona 

Any changes recently such as time zone?

No luck with browser and timezone checks. Refreshing has not worked either.
No time zone changes.
Definitely something going wrong with my account. My tasks have now disappeared, and all tasks that are unassigned or not assigned to me are fine with original dates. Very strange!
You could do some digging using the Audit Log Search and review if there are Planner events that might explain what have happended. As an alternative, opening a support ticket could be worth