Pan and Zoom Animations in Videos

Iron Contributor

I'm really interested in adding videos to my PowerPoint presentations. I already use Camtasia quite a lot, but I'd like to be able to leverage PowerPoint for capturing, editing, and animating videos within my slides. While I've found a lot of workarounds, honestly they all feel like a lot of work for not much gain. I really just need to be able to accomplish a few things:

• Zoom into and back out of the video dynamically as the video plays.
  • Pan around within the larger video when I've zoomed in. An option to follow the cursor/focus automatically would be nice, but I can manually control the pan.
  • Highlight or spotlight the cursor/focus. Again, this would be a nice-to-have, not an essential feature.

I've thought about various ways to accomplish this inside and outside of PowerPoint, but so far everything I've tried has come up short. Like I said, I know Camtasia can do this, but I'm looking for a way to use PowerPoint exclusively. Are there any built-in tools or other add-ins I should be considering? What about using the Magnifier tool as I record? Thanks!

0 Replies