Outlook issue - my "Customize the Ribbon" settings are partly overruled by Office defaults

Brass Contributor

In Outlook 2016 (click-to-run) on my Windows 10 laptop, when using "Customize the Ribbon", my customizations are partly overruled by Office default settings.

Here are the steps I take to customize the ribbon:

1. First, I customize the ribbon for the inbox of my Mail account. I do so by first removing all the Groups I do not want to see in the ribbon, and then adding New Custom Groups of my own, to which I add the Commands I use most often.
  2. Then, I open my Calendar in a new separate window. So, I now have a window with my mail Inbox on the left side of my screen, and a window with my Calendar on the right side.
  3. Next, I customize the ribbon in the Calendar window.
  4. Now, the issue appears: when I click the right-side window again, where my mail Inbox is, a default group called "Quick Steps" automatically appears back in the Ribbon again, even though I had removed all standard groups, including this one, and only kept my own groups.
  5. When I remove the "Quick Steps" group once more, again via Customize Ribbon, it is deleted... but then the Ribbon in the right-side Calendar window automatically gets all its default calendar groups back, which I had removed before, without even touching that Ribbon.

What can I do so that this does not happen, i.e. so that Customize the Ribbon only keeps my custom groups, and does not add any of the default groups back in again automatically?

Thanks,

Paul

2 Replies
Same issue here, what am i doing wrong?
The olkexplorer.officeUI stays applied but olkmailitem.officeUI won't..