Outlook - Cannot send mail only receive in office 365, following Windows update

Copper Contributor

I use two Hotmail accounts in Outlook 365 on a Windows laptop. For the second time following a Windows Updates, Outlook cannot send emails, but incoming are ok. The email stays in the outbox. The error messages says there is an internet connection problem, but as I can receive that is unlikely. My Chrome/Edge Browsers are working with no problem. The Windows Mail app has the same problem and attempts to fix it, but again says that there is no internet connection.  The first time it happened I tried to repair Outlook, but this didn't help. Neither did renaming the .ost files and forcing Outlook to rebuild the email account, which worked ok, except that email still couldn't be sent, only received. In the end I reinstalled Office 365 on the laptop and Outlook was then ok. This has now happened again, following a Windows update, not an Office Update. I am beginning to think it is a bug in Outlook. On another laptop with only one email account this problem has not occurred. Can anyone help? 

0 Replies