OneNote Feed doesnt work in OneNote desktop application

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I recently tried to sync my S Notes with my Onenote using the feed-function of the Onenote desktop application. However, whenever I try to select my account within the Feed-section of Onenote, I get the following error message:

AADSTS50020: User account 'Email address removed' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft Services' and cannot access the application '2d4d3d8e-2be3-4bef-9f87-7875a61c29de'(OneNote) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account.

I can use the feed when I login to the web client of Outlook so the problem might be due to the programm. It is updated and I experienced the very same problem on multiple PCs, private and business ones.

What exactly is the problem and how can I solve it?

Thanks in advance and best regards

2 Replies
I would suggest the issue relates to your identity. Where is the Onenote notebook actually saved? Sounds like a commercial tenant? Is that true? If so, you are using a consumer account to access a commercial environment which sounds to be set up incorrectly.

Sounds to me like you need like you need to use a commercial account (i.e. Microsoft 365 Business) instead of a consumer account (i.e. Outlook.com) when it comes to using this particular OneNote.

@abuchh 

Temporary solution: In OneNote, click on your account icon and log in to the browser (automatically when you access the account). Now the feed works in OneNote.