OneDrive Sync Issue Mac (The name contains characters that aren't allowd)

Copper Contributor

Hi Everyone,

One of our users faces an issue with syncing SharePoint online library with OneDrive Mac. The library is being synced successfully but when the user tries to create a new folder (test folder) inside the library, OneDrive says "The name contains characters that aren't allowed. Please rename the item, so we can sync it". The folder created does not have any special character just "test folder". However, the folder is being synced on SharePoint online but with the "untitled folder" name. So, basically, it does not accept any name and creates the folder with the "untitled folder".

Actions that I have taken:

1- I connected the same library on another computer and synced it with One Drive. I created a folder and it synced successfully. 

2- I asked the user to create a folder on her private OneDrive folder (not the SharePoint library) and it synced without any issue. 

3- I asked the user to create a folder using SharePoint online in the same library through the browser and she able to create it.

3- I recently had to uninstall the OneDrive app from her laptop because of a sync issue (the SharePoint library was not able to connect at all) and this was before the current issue. 

I appreciate your response to this thread.

Best,

Naseer

0 Replies