OneDrive for Business Shared Libraries List not Working

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am testing out Microsoft 365 for my organisation, with a focus on team working with files. In OneDrive I created a new Shared Library and gave users access to it. When a user logs in and selects OneDrive, the new shared library (team, group, why so many names?) does not appear in the left hand "Shared Libraries" list.

If the user goes to SharePoint the new team site does not appear.

If the user types in the full SharePoint site URL for the team/library they get access!

What do I have to do get the navigation to work so people can see the libraries they have access to?

PS. One thing I have seen is a message appearing in SharePoint saying "You’re seeing a limited version of this page because Office Graph is turned off or it’s not available." If I go to the link that is provided the instructions listed to turn Delve/Graph on seem to be for an out-of-date UI experience. I do not see a link to "classic settings page" nor "Delve (powered by Office Graph)". If I go to https://delve.office.com I see my profile, so I do have Delve. But I don't see any admin links to Delve, nor is it in the list of apps.

3 Replies

I did a bit more digging around. I found the "classics" settings page link in the SharePoint admin center (the link is buried in the Settings page itself) and from there I found the setting to re-enable "Delve (powered by Office Graph)". So some, but not all, shared libraries are appearing in OneDrive.

If I click "classic OneDrive" to change the UI then the full list of groups appears. How are users supposed to find what groups have been shared with them when using the new OneDrive UI?

PS. I tried setting the OneDrive for Business experience default to Classic, but that doesn't appear to take effect. I still get the new UI on logon.

If you reenable Delve in your tenant, just give it some time until all the information is properly signaled in the Graph....if after 24 h you don't still see the new libraries, I would recommed to open a support ticket

Thanks for this - enabling Delve was part of the problem for us. I also found the following steps may also be necessary:

• If the Shared Library is part of a Microsoft 365 Group or Team, any users who are Owners need to be Members too. Sometimes this doesn't happen, especially if the Team Owner was assigned through the Teams Admin Centre - and causes problems in various places, including the Planner app. You can check this by adding a second user as an Owner, make the first user a Member, then make the first user an Owner again, and remove the second user.
  • If the Shared Library is part of a Microsoft 365 Group or Team, make sure you access the Files area at least once - it is not created immediately when the Group or Team is first made.
  • Create a file or folder in the Shared Library so that it is seen as 'Recently active' by Delve - then WAIT a while and it should appear.
  • (You can also 'pin' or 'follow' a Shared Library - access it through the SharePoint interface, then change the 'Not following' link in the top right hand corner to 'Following'. However this should not be necessary if the above steps work https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/find-your-sharepoint-and-teams-files-in-onedrive-for-work...)

Enabling Delve and then following these steps got most of our Shared Libraries to appear in our testing - although it still seems quite buggy.