Office 365 PowerShell Get-OrganizationConfig, IsUpdatingServicePlan and IsUpgradingOrganization

Copper Contributor

I have a bit of code that uses the PowerShell Get-OrganizationConfig cmdlet to see if a new tenant is dehydrated (non-configurable in some respects). 

I have a new tenant (global deployment) where the IsDehydrated property is true and the IsUpdatingServicePlan property has been true for over 24 hours.  During the same period the IsUpgradingOrganization property has been false. The documentation on those properties is sparse, but my notes indicate that at least at some point in the past either one of the updating/ugrading properties would prevent the tenant from being rehydrated (made configurable) with the Enable-OrganizationCustomization cmdlet. 

Can anyone provide more information about those properties, their purpose, and whether they really do prevent tenant/organization rehydration?

Thanks,

John Lowery

1 Reply

A short follow-up on my question. I tried Enable-OrganizationCustomization on the tenant and it succeeded in spite of the IsUpdatingServicePlan property having a value of true. So at least using that test to block the Enable call was in error. No idea about IsUpgradingOrganization, though.

John