Office 365 Migration Calendar Issues

Copper Contributor

Hi All -

We are a small non-profit and had an outsourced company migrate our Google Suite to Office 365.  We are having several issues with calendars.  Within Google, staff shared calendars a lot and used them to setup and schedule appointments with our clients, with a group of employees.  Issues we are having:

1.  Lets say that a shared calendar was created by A and shared with B C D.  Staff member A left the company years ago but B C D continued to use the calendar.  This calendar did not migrate when we moved to O365.  What issues can we expect?

2.  The outsourced company found a workaround on some calendars and was able to migrate them.  The company then made certain users owners but they are unable to make daily edits such as canceled appointments, cancellations, and notes for other staff to read about the appointment.

3.  A suggestion was made for staff to recreate these, which they tried... but the problem is that when a user makes an edit to present or future appointments, it changes everything on all appointments, past and future.  They use these calendars for historical purposes so this solution will not work.

4.  On top of these issues, the calendar owner makes edits and the shared calendar is not updated for other users.  There is no notification and even a manual check shows no updates.

What is going on here?  I do not use calendars in this manner so I'm not familiar with what the differences are between Google and Microsoft.  Is there another resource that should be used?  Some kind of configuration settings that need to be changed? 

We have our Active Directory On Premise with a Hybrid Exchange 2016 server. 

I appreciate the help.

Bobby

0 Replies