SOLVED

obtain an “Unread E-mail Report” for individual email addresses filtered by specific company name.

Copper Contributor

HI All,

i have created PS for exchange to genarate above requerment.but when i run this i get CSV without any data in it.can anyone tell me what is the problem.

my script is 

$inboxStats = Get-MailboxFolderStatistics -Identity $targetEmailAddress -FolderScope Inbox
$unreadCount = $inboxStats.UnreadItemCount

# Connect to Exchange Online (Microsoft 365)
Install-Module ExchangeOnlineManagement
Connect-ExchangeOnline

# Specify the target email address (replace with the desired user's email)
$targetEmailAddress = "Globale ADMIN account @ domain.com"

# Specify the organization domain (replace with the desired domain)
$organizationDomain = "SENDING COMPANY Domain"

# Get the unread item count in the Inbox folder for the specified user
$inboxStats = Get-MailboxFolderStatistics -Identity $targetEmailAddress -FolderScope Inbox
$unreadCount = $inboxStats.UnreadItemCount

# Create a custom object with mailbox details
$mailboxInfo = [PSCustomObject]@{
DisplayName = (Get-Mailbox $targetEmailAddress).DisplayName
EmailAddress = $targetEmailAddress
UnreadCount = $unreadCount
}

# Export the results to a CSV file
$mailboxInfo | Export-Csv -Path "Sharepath\UnreadEmailReport.csv" -NoTypeInformation

# Display a message
Write-Host "Unread email report exported to UnreadEmailReport.csv"

# Get unread emails from the specified organization
$unreadFromOrg = Get-MailboxFolderStatistics -Identity $targetEmailAddress -FolderScope Inbox | Where-Object { $_.UnreadItemCount -gt 0 -and $_.FolderPath -like "*$organizationDomain*" }

# Display the unread emails from the organization
Write-Host "Unread emails from $organizationDomain:"
$unreadFromOrg | ForEach-Object {
Write-Host "- Subject: $($_.Name), Unread Count: $($_.UnreadItemCount)"
}

4 Replies
That script will only work if items received from the company in question are all stored within a subfolder of Inbox, named as the company domain.
@Vasil Michev.

thank you for your reply.can you explain/what to edit how can i get report, which is in inbox by specific company domain?

best response confirmed by Libbo88 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
There is no way to get this data by default via Exchange PowerShell only, which is why I suppose the workaround of moving messages from said company/domain was implemented.
You can look into a solution based on the Graph SDK for PowerShell instead, here's a sample to get you started: https://practical365.com/mailbox-contents-report/
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Libbo88 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
There is no way to get this data by default via Exchange PowerShell only, which is why I suppose the workaround of moving messages from said company/domain was implemented.
You can look into a solution based on the Graph SDK for PowerShell instead, here's a sample to get you started: https://practical365.com/mailbox-contents-report/

View solution in original post