O365 Management Activity API

Brass Contributor

Hello Experts,

As you might already be aware of the amount of logs that are available to search in the security and compliance center are a tad bit limited and in order to be able to get more information related to an activity O365 management activity api is actually recommended.

I have a requirement to fetch some logs related to PowerApps to get a log/alert when an on-prem data gateway connection is established/edited/deleted. I followed the office 365 api article(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office-365-management-api/office-365-management-activity-api...) and was able to fetch all the logs for the last 1 day using the Audit.general category. However I was unable to find any log related to the data gateway connection. I remember a new connection was created and deleted by a team member. I am looking at all the logs that belong to the workload "PowerApps". Is there something else that needs to be done or a different category altogether where this log might be stored?

1 Reply
Afaik Microsoft doesnt publish a full list of audited events for PowerApps, so this might be just one example of missing data. That, or some delay in ingesting the events in the Unified audit log, which is quite common.