Moving Teams Free to Microsoft 365 within Google Workspace

Copper Contributor

I have some questions regarding a hybrid operation between Google Workspace (GW) and Microsoft 365 (M365). The organization currently uses a Free Teams and a Google Workspace managed domain (which we want to keep). So I'm going to set up a hybrid operation with our email under GW and a Teams (licensed under M365 Business Basic).
I was wondering if it was better to create a subdomain and link M365 to that subdomain?
In the Free Teams, I have about 100 users (collaboration with other M365 users) that I will have to take care of, what is the best way to operate?

1 Reply
Do not configure Exchange and everything should run fine. Be aware of users using "personnal microsoft account" with email as @yourdomain.com when you invite them to your Microsoft 365 Business system. These users must close their "personnal account" to avoid error on connexion. Create a new user using the professionnal email with email @domain.com after deleting the personnel account (must wait 30 days). If prompt again choose "professionnal or scolar account" this time. Hope this help.